Brewer Fanatic

The Magical Magic Number is... [2014]

lcbj68c
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to be no fun, but I think the Brewers are at 56 - the uniform number of ceremonial first pitch catcher extraordinaire Joe Crawford.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Joe+Crawford+Houston+Astros+v+Milwaukee+Brewers+96qV355-vTkl.jpg

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hmm, Milwaukee clearly controls their destiny with having the most games vs. the Playoff Contenders they are fighting off.

Just wanted to list this because on avg. the Top 6 Milw has to fight off

While it's close overall in the Standings, There stands a good chance one or 2 teams will dominate a matchup vs. the Top 6 and thus knock those 2 teams down the standings. Atl/LAD are kinda whom I'm thinking will either play their way in to Division title or Loss their way out of it with the remaining H2H matchups.

But again, Milw can really take care of business just by taking care of the Cards. 7-3 out of those 10 games would really boost them.

Good analisis. Very interesting breakdown. It's hard to decide what's optimum for the Brewers as the rest of your schedule is sort of a double edged sword. Play the most tough teams of all the contenders, but wins are worth twice as much as beating the Cubs, say. Of course losing those games means the reverse.

The parity in the NL this year is something I've never seen. With the Reds dropping off there are still 7 teams that vacillate between 1st and last place with a span of only 3 to 4 games in between.

The wild card in this deck of teams will be played out in the next 15 or so hours. Who will get Lester or one of the other good arms? The Pirates and Giants need that arm badly. The Cards are banking on Wacha returning and being the same pitcher. What if he isn't?

It's going to be a nervous next 15 hours. After that, the playoff picture will be far clearer.

Best case for the Brewers' playoff hopes (other than the Brewers to start winning) would be for one of SF/LAD and one of Wash/Atl to go on crazy winning streaks, blowing out all the other playoff teams (except the Brewers). That would hurt the Brewers' chances of getting the #1 overall seed, but it would help them make the playoffs.

St Louis really controls things. If the Brewers and Pirates can't beat them, they have a hard time making the playoffs.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

St Louis really controls things. If the Brewers and Pirates can't beat them, they have a hard time making the playoffs.

I'm hearing that the Brewers have a bonafide shot at getting one of those arms. If you DO, it's a whole new ballgame.

Edit: Price is not starting tonight. The Rays say they were not starting him either way blah, blah, blah. He's outa there!

Edit: Price is not starting tonight. The Rays say they were not starting him either way blah, blah, blah. He's outa there!

Um...he is pitching right now :laughing

I'm going by the posted lineup:

CF D. Jennings ®

DH Ben Zobrist (S)

LF Matt Joyce (L)

3B Evan Longoria ®

1B James Loney (L)

2B Logan Forsythe ®

SS Yunel Escobar ®

C Jose Molina ®

RF Kevin Kiermaier (L)

I said I didn't believe their statement ;) It's true that I assumed Kiermaier was a pitcher, forgetting about the DH, but they DID say last night that he would not start today so they could "adjust the rotation for the NEXT team they play" That was total BS

Yeah, I'm going with the Brewers Magic Number Twitter account (@BrewersMagicNum), which never posted for 55 but is posting 54 this afternoon. So to catch up...

Before Wednesday's game:

http://vafloc02.s3.amazonaws.com/isyn/images/f468/img-190468-m.jpg

After Wednesday's game:

http://media1.onsugar.com/files/2010/09/39/3/498/4981324/2b06ab8b471ffb43_Untitled-1/i/Flashback-Stars-Studio-54-1970s-Big-Trend-SpringSummer-2011.jpg

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived