Brewer Fanatic

The Magical Magic Number is... [2014]

lcbj68c

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is some bad juju if you ask me. Its a 3 game lead with 60 games to go.

It's in good fun. Feel free to ignore this thread, but I promise that this will have zero impact on whether or not they make the playoffs. :)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This is like saying that posting about a no-hitter can actually affect the outcome of the no-hitter. What we say on a message board has zero impact on what happens on the field. Zero.

Are you sure we have permission from St. Louis to do this? I fear we may be breaking an unwritten rule. Maybe Dead Simmons can check with some of his friends for us. Sure wouldn't want to raise the ire of the unwritten rules enforcers. After all, we have been told over and over that having fun isn't classy.

It's in good fun. Feel free to ignore this thread, but I promise that this will have zero impact on whether or not they make the playoffs. :)

my point is, its OK to countdown to something that is certain. Just a week ago the sky was falling, now that they won 4 in a row we are counting down to the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong; I don't care if we do this and I will certainly check out the thread for cool pictures. I just reserve the right to come back here and say "I Told you so" when we implode :). Trust me I don't really believe in jinxes or anything; it just seems premature to start this before August 1st even hits.

it just seems premature to start this before August 1st even hits.

Perhaps, but I already gave up my gold package tickets to the Thursday October 2 game against the Vikings because I assume the Brewers will have a playoff game that day/night.

I'm fine with the Count Down. I assume this is for the Division Title but can also be turned for Playoff Purposes if the Brewers happen to lose hold of 1st place in the division. Why not? Just a Quick Glance at Schedules among the 6 current teams closest to knock Milw from the Playoffs:

Wash: 9 vs. Atl, 3vs Pitts, 3 vs. SF, 3 vs. LAD Easiest route with so many games vs. Miami,NYM, Philly all told:18vs. the Top 6.

Atl: 9 vs. Wash, 7 vs. LAD, 7 vs. Pitts All told 23 vs. the Top 6

LAD: 3 vs. Wash, 7 vs. Atl, 8 vs. SF, 6 vs. Milw All told 24 vs. Top 6

SF: 3 vs. Wash, 8 vs. LAD, 3 vs. Pitts, 6 vs. Milw All told 20 vs. Top 6

Pitts: 3 vs. Wash, 7 vs. Atl, 3 vs. SF, 6 vs. Milw, 6 vs. StL All told 25 vs. Top 6

Stl: 6 vs. Pitts, 10 vs. Milw All Told just 16 vs. top 6

Milw: 6 vs. LAD, 6 vs. SF, 6 vs. Pitts, 10 vs. StL All told 28 vs. top 6

Hmm, Milwaukee clearly controls their destiny with having the most games vs. the Playoff Contenders they are fighting off.

Just wanted to list this because on avg. the Top 6 Milw has to fight off have 21games on avg. vs. the same competition. Say a .500 record vs. eachother would result then with 10.5 Losses. So while it's at 56 I can think of it as about 46 between Milw Wins and opposite competion losses.

Say Milw plays .500 ball the rest of the way that's 28.5/57 You're down to 18Losses for each team vs. Non top 6 the rest of the way.

While it's close overall in the Standings, There stands a good chance one or 2 teams will dominate a matchup vs. the Top 6 and thus knock those 2 teams down the standings. Atl/LAD are kinda whom I'm thinking will either play their way in to Division title or Loss their way out of it with the remaining H2H matchups.

But again, Milw can really take care of business just by taking care of the Cards. 7-3 out of those 10 games would really boost them.

Archived