Brewer Fanatic

Mariners Acquire Kendrys Morales

ewitkows

If I am Jack Z, now that I have Morales back in Seattle, I am calling the Brewers and saying do you want Corey Hart back? I have to imagine that all parties involved wouldn't mind a re-do given Corey's lost season in Seattle, the Brewers mediocre play at 1B and the Mariners crunch at 1B/DH now with Morrison & Morales, Smoak being optioned to Triple AAA & Montero also waiting in the wings at Triple AAA.

I would imagine Jack Z wouldn't mind giving Corey an opportunity to come home given his newly found depth at the 1B/DH position. Perhaps Corey Hart is the Jerry Hairston of 2014.

Who does he replace? Overbay is left handed and has a better OPS in one less at bat this season. Reynolds in having a better year than Hart and a key backup plan at third. Neither of them have the injury issues Hart has.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Who does he replace? Overbay is left handed and has a better OPS in one less at bat this season. Reynolds in having a better year than Hart and a key backup plan at third. Neither of them have the injury issues Hart has.

Exactly. We don't need just another guy, we need a guy that is actually a big enough improvement to risk the chemistry change, that also can play decent defense who can cover 3B capably or Herrera will be playing big games for any ARam hiccups.

Exactly. We don't need just another guy, we need a guy that is actually a big enough improvement to risk the chemistry change, that also can play decent defense who can cover 3B capably or Herrera will be playing big games for any ARam hiccups.

I don't really think you have to worry too much about Corey Hart causing chemistry issues.

And if you added Hart, why wouldn't Reynolds be playing 3rd base instead of Herrera IF there was an injury? I'm not saying I'd pick him up, but I think it deserves some consideration.

Missing a year, playing in Seattle, these things could have led to a bad first half. Or he could just simply be done. I guess this is where you rely on your scouting to evaluate him and decide if he's worth it or not. Assuming of course you don't have to give up anything and you have to pay close to the minimum for him.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

And if you added Hart, why wouldn't Reynolds be playing 3rd base instead of Herrera IF there was an injury? I'm not saying I'd pick him up, but I think it deserves some consideration.

You can't get Hart on the roster and keep Herrera, Overbay and Reynolds. You can't remove Herrera because he is the backup shortstop. It makes no sense to cut Overbay for someone doing no better than he is and have two right handed hitters at first. It would be amazingly stupid to cut Reynolds for Hart because Reynolds is better. Simply put Hart just isn't a fit for this team.

I don't really think you have to worry too much about Corey Hart causing chemistry issues.

I agree. But nobody likes to see a well liked teammate get cut. They understand it when it makes the team better but that isn't the case here. So it has less to do with Hart and more to do with management/player relations.

Assuming of course you don't have to give up anything and you have to pay close to the minimum for him.

If Seattle isn't getting salary relief or anything in return why would they trade him?

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived