Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-21 Reds (Latos) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

Chris Heisey can play left field for Cincy any night he wants.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The funny thing is....this will play into the "Brewers are a good baserunning team" statistics now.

As it should, this isn't video games, bad throws do happen in real life.

The Brewers are in the middle of the NL for baserunning runs

Being 'good' and being lucky are two separate things. They got very lucky that both of those were bad throws.

Maybe they decided based on scouting that Reds' outfielders have bad arms and would be likely to make bad throws so they pushed the envelope.

I hate running into outs as much as the next guy, but the fact that people constantly bemoan our "terrible" baserunning when the numbers show we're middle of the pack kinda proves that people remember negative outcomes far more than they do positive ones.

We are getting lots of breaks tonight. We're due for a night like this.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Luc is just ice cold right now. 5 hits in his last 10 games. Only hitting .176 for the month of July.

Brauny getting wide-eyed and trying to pull that garbage......

why not with a 5-0 lead

Because it causes you to strikeout

true. I would rather he do it with a 5-0 lead. He hasn't hit against Latos until today (he was2-20 coming in)

I've seen about enough of Schafer. .590 OPS is not getting it done as a 4th outfielder. Can't we bring up somebody else?

why not with a 5-0 lead

Because it causes you to strikeout

true. I would rather he do it with a 5-0 lead. He hasn't hit against Latos until today (he was2-20 coming in)

It's also a good sign that he is trying to pull the ball. It means he is feeling better.

Brauny getting wide-eyed and trying to pull that garbage......

I would rather that he pull inside pitches and go oppo with outside pitches

Need to be careful here to Frazier.

Archived