LF Chris Heisey

2B Ramon Santiago

SS Zack Cozart

P Mat Latos

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, my fellow Brewer fans!

Ok, guys. Tonight we get on track. Wily is going to turn around and throw a gem tonight. And the boys are going to come out with the red hot bats early and often.

I'm feeling good about the Brew Crew, and sending some positive karma to Miller Park. The Reds have knocked us around some early in the season, but there's a lot of baseball yet to be played, and we get some payback tonight!

Mow 'em down, Big Wily!!!!!!!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

On this day in 1947, that magical season in which Jackie Robinson finally broke the color barrier in the modern game, Frankie Frisch, the "Fordham Flash", becomes the first switch hitter inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Frisch, a lifetime .316 hitter, is joined on this day by Carl Hubbell, Mickey Cochrane (the man that Mickey Mantle was named for. Cochrane was his father's favorite player) and Lefty Grove.

http://imageshack.com/a/img845/8721/agd2.png

Here's my 1934 Goudey Frankie Frisch. I love this card. :)

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brauny back over .300 :) And his OPS creeping closer to .900, at .877 now.

I always thought Wily Peralta was going to be more of a strikeout pitcher than he has been. He's only averaging 4.5 K per start, 6.8 K per 9 innings. That's not terrible, but I'd expected him to be closer to 8-8.5 per game. He averaged 9.4 K/9 IP in 2011, and 8.8 in 2012. I know it's not his fastball velocity, as he's got one of the highest average fastball velocities in the Major Leagues. What is it then?

Archived