Brewer Fanatic

Jeffress called up, Wooten optioned, Henderson to 60 day DL

trwi7
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeffress is the kind of arm the Cards would call up & see pitch like an All-Star. So I'm thinking it could be our turn in that vein... that'd be juuust fine.

EASY NOW. It was just pot.

The guy was self medicating so he could deal with an undiagnosed medical condition which our crack medical staff never bothered to test him for.

Can we stop with the stupid 5th grade pot jokes now?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The guy was self medicating so he could deal with an undiagnosed medical condition which our crack medical staff never bothered to test him for.

Settle down, bud.

Oops.

not sure that childhood epilepsy is high up on conditions MLB staff test for in adults...

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

There would also be all of the others doctors who missed that option. He is not the only person I know who had undiagnosed epilepsy for 20 years. It is a ridiculously variable condition.

not sure that childhood epilepsy is high up on conditions MLB staff test for in adults...

I agree it's not our staff fault for not diagnosing the illness. I do think the jokes are frankly kinda stupid, but that's just me.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Community Moderator
Congrats to Jeffress on a solid 9th inning today. I knew he had some serious heat, but it was certainly on full display today. BrooksBaseball.net PITCH f/x had his four-seam fastball maxing out at 101.0 MPH today and his two-seam fastball at 100.7. Nice break for the Brewers to be able to add a power arm to the bullpen internally for the remainder of the season.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I'm not going to pile on with the puns, because I sympathize with the guy, but I'll point out that the MLB.com feature story on him, which was kind of a "feel good human interest" piece, talked about his marijuana travails and then said he "lit up" when talking about his baby daughter. Editing -- the lost art of the 21st Century.

I agree it's not our staff fault for not diagnosing the illness. I do think the jokes are frankly kinda stupid, but that's just me.

I think they're HIGHlarious!

I think they're HIGHlarious!

Well...some appreciate lowbrow comedy a bit more than others I suppose. But even if one or two did make me chuckle, just using the word "high," is the equivalent of a 5th grader making a fat noise.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I have thought a lot about this for a couple of days. As a fan... I have decided that I like having a guy that throws 101 mph with movement. I think it is a good thing for the future of our Team.

That's got to be pretty disappointing for Wooten, having just started to bounce back/forth to the majors at age 29. He's put up decent numbers in 60 total innings, so hopefully there's a spot for him at the back of somebody's bullpen.

Jeffress gives this bullpen the potential to be really tough down the stretch. With K-Rod, Smith, Jeffress, and this man who is masquerading as Zach Duke, they should be in pretty good shape from the 7th inning on for the rest of the year.

:laughing

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'm just fed up with Weeks, a player who I used to really like.

This thread should be about Jeffress, who hopefully will be a big positive for the team. He's went through a lot, has a ton of talent, and deserves this call-up.

I've been fed up with Weeks for a while...

I have thought a lot about this for a couple of days. As a fan... I have decided that I like having a guy that throws 101 mph with movement. I think it is a good thing for the future of our Team.

Hmm. Do go on. I'm not certain if having a guy with 100mph heat + movement is good or not. How were you able to arrive at this conclusion, good sir?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived