Brewer Fanatic

Jeffress called up, Wooten optioned, Henderson to 60 day DL

trwi7

Hypothetical here, Weeks doesn't follow Gomez when he took of for 3rd in the 9th yesterday. Braun's deep fly scores Gomez to give us the lead. As such, instead of Wooten coming and losing it in the bottom of the 9th, KRod comes in and gets the save.

Does this move still happen today?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hypothetical here, Weeks doesn't follow Gomez when he took of for 3rd in the 9th yesterday. Braun's deep fly scores Gomez to give us the lead. As such, instead of Wooten coming and losing it in the bottom of the 9th, KRod comes in and gets the save.

Does this move still happen today?

One day Weeks doesn't bat when he's supposed to for Gennett, forcing Maldonado to the plate and burning a bench player when Weeks has to go out to play defense, followed by the above referenced move the next day. This following Weeks' refusal to play where the team asked him earlier in the year. Oh, and he hasn't been a good MLB player for quite a while.

Will anything cause a move to happen to get Weeks off the Brewers?

Sorry for going off-topic. As to Jeffress, glad to have him here after a long and winding road. Hopefully he does well and never sees the minors again.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

"Will anything cause a move to happen to get Weeks off the Brewers"

The Giants are so desperate for help at 2B, they signed Uggla to a minor league deal. Would a fall back for them a deal to get Weeks?

Several other teams are reportedly scouring the 2B market.

Thought it was a curious move for Brewers to add Falu back to 40 man roster last week and make an obviously very temporary move on Henderson to the 60 day today. Do they see Falu as needed depth should Weeks depart?

Wishful thinking I realize.

If you trade Weeks, who plays 2B vs LHP?

FALLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Herrera could as well. You might lose a little on the bat side, pick some up on the defense side, but come out ahead on roster flexibility while perhaps adding a little depth somewhere else.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'm just fed up with Weeks, a player who I used to really like.

This thread should be about Jeffress, who hopefully will be a big positive for the team. He's went through a lot, has a ton of talent, and deserves this call-up.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

can Jeffress play 2B?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verified Member
I don't remember, but how did we end up getting Jeffress back again? His numbers with Toronto last season were great. (Really his numbers have been great everywhere but Kansas City).

Toronto dumped him after a shaky start to the season, and we picked him up for nothing.

~Bill Walsh

Bill James used to talk about the wisdom of picking a guy up for the prime of his career. I remember he used Darrell Porter as an example -- the Brewers essentially trained him, and then KC got him for the meat of his career. This is like the opposite of that. The Brewers got something for Jeffress when he still had some prospect luster, watched his value tank, and then somehow picked him up for nothing when he was on the upswing. If he works out for us, it's got to be one of the weirdest player development coups we've ever had.

Good luck to you Jeremy, & we need you bud. Hopping right into the fire...

with use of words associated with marijuana, i truly thought that the rest of your post was going to be laced with pot references.

:laughing

No. I am too classy for that (read: I didn't think of it. ... I love cheap puns & corny jokes & probably would've done it had I thought of it)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Toronto dumped him after a shaky start to the season, and we picked him up for nothing.

I know I was shocked when they dumped him 1 week into the season. Here is the game log from week 1:

Mar 31 - 1 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 3 R

Apr 3 - 1.1 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 0 R

Apr 4 - 1 IP, 3 H, 0 BB, 1 R

His final line: 3.1 IP, 8 H, 3 BB, 4 R, and a 10.8 ERA

Last year he had 10 appearances, .87 ERA, 8 H, 5 BB, and 1 R. I was baffled when they said, ah screw it - dump him because of 1 bad week. I understand his numbers have not been great. Mostly due to his command issues. His .3 HR/9 is fantastic for a reliever, and his 4.47 ERA is ok but not horrible. His 6.5 BB per 9 isn't good. (Results in a career 1.77 WHIP) ... Hopefully, Jeffress has figured out some of his control issues and is able to be a productive member of our pen. Go Jeremy!!

I hope Jeffress keeps his velocity high and becomes a chronic part of our bullpen. He may be a little green, but it would be really nice to see him come up to the majors and throw smoke.

That'd be dope.

The Greinke trade just got better!

The Greinke trade was awesome. Anytime you can add a player of that stature and then win the division for the first time in 29 years and then turn him over for your SS of the future, its a good thing, no matter what you gave up.

Verified Member
I hope Jeffress keeps his velocity high and becomes a chronic part of our bullpen. He may be a little green, but it would be really nice to see him come up to the majors and throw smoke.

That'd be dope.

Easy, bud.

That'd be dope.

Easy, bud.

Can't hate a feller for lighting up an old flame!

Conor I wonder if they are going to wait till the Roster expand but have not heard any setback so far in his rehab. Very Curious move

It was more curious to me when they didn't do this sooner. As soon as it became apparent that Henderson wasn't going to be back within the 60 days, and that Jeffress was throwing darts for Nashville. Not to mention our need for a RH'er in the back of our pen due to Kintzler's inability to return to last years form.

This also gives us a couple weeks to look at Jeffress and see if the improved control is legit and will translate to the big leagues. He's clearly got the stuff to be a closer if he can keep the walks down.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived