Jeffress called up, Wooten optioned, Henderson to 60 day DL

trwi7

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
did not see Hendy to the 60-day coming at all

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

OH! and not to miss... congrats on Jeffress return to the majors!!!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

is the 60-day move retroactive to his initial DL start?

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

so May 2nd was when he started his 15-day DL

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I'm all for replacing Wooten. Should have been done weeks ago. They apparently couldn't wait on Henderson's return and that's rather curious though. Couldn't believe how Schroeder would continually gloss over Wooten's struggles every time he entered a game. Why do Brewer announcers have such low standards anyway? A guy has two decent outings and they are sold on him no matter what he does after that. I guess that's a topic for another thread.

From my understanding this move would not delay Henderson's return from the DL as he has already passex the 60 day threshold

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

So is this the move Agent39 was talking about?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Yes

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Pretty solid move if you ask me. Henderson probably needs another week or two in rehab anyways; worry about that 40 man spot when the time comes. Right now the team can't rely on Wooten in high leverage situations. Hopefully Jeffress can come in and contribute.

That's got to be pretty disappointing for Wooten, having just started to bounce back/forth to the majors at age 29. He's put up decent numbers in 60 total innings, so hopefully there's a spot for him at the back of somebody's bullpen.

Jeffress gives this bullpen the potential to be really tough down the stretch. With K-Rod, Smith, Jeffress, and this man who is masquerading as Zach Duke, they should be in pretty good shape from the 7th inning on for the rest of the year.

Awesome, bring it, Jeremy! Blow that heat right up their -----!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

the positive thing he seems to keep the ball in the park.

There's that, & there's also the whole 'flirts with triple-digits with his fastball' thing. But the two are probably related. :)

Good luck to you Jeremy, & we need you bud. Hopping right into the fire... I can't imagine a young player wouldn't relish this kind of opportunity. I know I'll be tuning in to games now with the hope of seeing Jeffress as a top priority. And fortunately, it seems Roenicke will be forced to use him since our bullpen options have been so limited by injuries. If not for that, I could easily have seen Ron hardly using Jeffress & espousing reason after reason about how he can't use a young kid in big moments. Talent needs to play, period.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived