Brewer Fanatic

All things considered, Ryan Braun is having a great season

The stache
He hit another home run tonight. Looks like he's doing OK to me, adjustments or not.

Yeah, he is doing OK. But prior to the suspension/injury, he wasn't just OK, or good, he was great.

Ya, the nerve issue makes it so Ryan can't tell how tightly he's gripping the bat, and that causes swelling and blisters. That's got to be a real pain to try and play through.

It also causes a great deal of pain when he gets jammed. Everyone who's played baseball has felt that when playing early in spring with metal bats or in fall leagues with wood bats. But apparently it's exponentially worse with his thumb, which apparently makes him tentative when it comes to pitches inside. If he goes after an inside fastball and gets jammed, it's supposed to be extremely painful.

It is really impressive how good he has been given that he's moved off the plate and has done very little with fastballs middle in, normally where powers hitters really make their money. Still, I think if we're going to see the guy who looked like one of the top 3-5 hitters in the game, he needs to bite the bullet, have surgery, and hopefully come back strong.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
best article ive seen yet detailing the injury braun has

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2014/8/28/6075061/ryan-braun-hand-injury-brewers

Fantastic article!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

It also causes a great deal of pain when he gets jammed. Everyone who's played baseball has felt that when playing early in spring with metal bats or in fall leagues with wood bats. But apparently it's exponentially worse with his thumb, which apparently makes him tentative when it comes to pitches inside. If he goes after an inside fastball and gets jammed, it's supposed to be extremely painful.

I heard somebody on another broadcasting team talking about Braun's thumb injury. He said anybody that has ever played, and hit the ball off the very end of the bat knows the very uncomfortable vibration it makes in your hand. It's painful, and it just feels weird. He said that Braun feels something like that most every time he connects. The nerve is angry, like a beehive, and any contact at all makes it angry all over again.

I've done that more than a few times. Even after I stopped playing baseball when I was 16, before I hurt my back, I'd love going to the batting cages. When you hit the ball not on the barrel, but the very end, it feels like the bat just vibrates straight down, and the area right under your thumb feels like it's grabbed a live wire. It's very uncomfortable.

God, I hope this will heal up in the off season. Brauny's been through so much already-a lot of it he's brought upon himself, but I think he's more than paid his dues. I want to see the real Ryan Braun back at the plate, and you all know he does, too.

I honestly don't know how he's hit 17 home runs with that injury.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived