Brewer Fanatic

Brewers footage from 2005 in the movie "Boyhood"

I"m not sure if this is the correct forum but I just returned from the movie "Boyhood" (which was great btw) and it featured some Brewers footage from what I believe to be August 18 and 19th of 2005.

Ethan Hawke is bringing the kids to an Astros game in Houston and he tells the kids that they are playing the Milwaukee Brewers and they need to get to know them and then get to hate them. At the game he is excited because Clemens is pitching and explaining how great he was and they show him striking out Damien Miller. Then later they show Jason Lane hit a home run that they say they wins the game.

In real life it was two games which was pretty obvious to me and probably to anyone paying attention because Miller was wearing the blue alternate jersey and then on Lane's home run they show a longer shot where the Brewers are wearing their road grays. On the August 18th game the Brewers actually beat the Rocket (His ERA was 1.32 entering the game and his record was only 10-5) and the 19th the Brewers lost but Lane's homer off Dana Eveland didn't quite win but proved to be the difference.

Did you have any idea they were filming? My wife was saying it must have been odd for the last 9 years for the people sitting near Ethan Hawke telling people they might be in a movie that just never came out.

Do you think they just shot the scene of Ethan Hawke in a recent game, and used footage from a 2005 game for the field shots? (I have not seen the movie)

Did you have any idea they were filming? My wife was saying it must have been odd for the last 9 years for the people sitting near Ethan Hawke telling people they might be in a movie that just never came out.

Do you think they just shot the scene of Ethan Hawke in a recent game, and used footage from a 2005 game for the field shots? (I have not seen the movie)

No, based on how the movie was filmed over a dozen years.

No, based on how the movie was filmed over a dozen years.

Wow, I just read the synopsis on wikipedia and am surprised at how Linklater made the film.

Archived