Brewer Fanatic

Future Lineups 2015, 2017, and 2019

IndyCrew

I don't post much on this forum, but reading your opinions and projections gets me through the workday. I was interested in who you thought would be on the roster next year, in three years, and in five years--and I'm basically meaning from our farm team. So, how about an exercise where trades and free agents aren't allowed, but extensions are. Players can only come from our system (Including Lara).

Who you got?

C -

1B-

2B-

3B-

SS-

LF-

CF-

RF-

SP1-

SP2-

SP3-

SP4-

SP5-

CL-

C -

1B-

2B-

3B-

SS-

LF-

CF-

RF-

SP1-

SP2-

SP3-

SP4-

SP5-

CL-

C -

1B-

2B-

3B-

SS-

LF-

CF-

RF-

SP1-

SP2-

SP3-

SP4-

SP5-

CL-

I'll add that you can change positions if there is a reasonable chance the move could be made. In other words, Gatewood sliding over to third would work, but Braun moving back to third wouldn't.

Well, I'm a dreamer, so I'm going to do 2019.

C -Clint Coulter(I think he's improving behind the plate and can be a VERY good all around catcher)

1B-Ryan Braun/David Denson

2B-Scooter Gennett

3B-Jacob Gatewood

SS-Orlando Arcia

LF-Khris Davis/Yirver Lara(He's 16, I really don't know where to project him)

CF-Tyrone Taylor

RF-Mitch Hanniger

SP1-Wily Peralta

SP2-Jimmy Nelson

SP3-Devin Williams

SP4-Kodi Medeiros

SP5-Taylor Williams

CL-Jeremy Jeffress/Magnifico

Of course our starting rotation is supposed to be Cody Scarpetta, Zack Braddock, Jeremy Jeffress, Evan Anundsen and Jake Odorizzi 4 years ago...so I am thinking that I might get 1 or 2 of these right.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I find first base to be the hardest right now because there will probably be a new first baseman next year and no real good candidates in the minors but I have to put somebody there. Starting pitching is also very difficult assuming no free agent pickups when they tend to pick up a starter in free agency every year.

C - Lucroy

1B- Clark

2B- Gennett

3B- Ramirez

SS- Segura

LF- Davis

CF- Gomez

RF- Braun

SP1- Lohse

SP2- Gallardo

SP3- Garza

SP4- Peralta

SP5- Nelson

CL- Smith

C - Lucroy

1B- Delmonico

2B- Gennett

3B- Rogers

SS- Segura

LF- Davis

CF- Gomez

RF- Braun

SP1- Peralta

SP2- Nelson

SP3- Thornburg

SP4- Garza

SP5- Jungman

CL- Jeffress

C - Lucroy

1B- Braun

2B- Gennett

3B- Coulter

SS- Arcia

LF- Davis

CF- Taylor

RF- Reed

SP1- Nelson

SP2- Devin Williams

SP3- Jungman

SP4- Cravy

SP5- Wang

CL- Magnifico

It's interesting that H&T thinks all the new guys will be up, and Outlander doesn't see any up. I know the Crew is slow with progressing prospects, but what is a realistic window to see Gatewood, Lara, Harrison, and Medeiros?

The Brewers will not see much change in their lineup until after the 2015 season.

Ramirez, Lohse, Gallardo are all free agents after next season. Then Gomez the year after that.

I agree with Svuem and a Sept 2018 call up sounds about right. Even if one gets fast tracked as they tear up Rookie ball this year and A ball next year. Then have a big year in 2016 at AA. They could be walking into the 2017 season destined for AAA with a Spring Training invite. If they play a position of need that year and they are doing well in AAA then maybe they could find their way up in 2017. Even Nelson who walked up the chain was drafted in 2010 and is finally seeing action this year.

Archived