Brewer Fanatic

Hank the Dog marathon bobblehead

First I have heard of this but there is a special edition Hank bobblehead given away at the mini marathon to registrants who donate at least $40 to the MACC fund. What a great idea to generate more donations.

I would definitely do this and run the race if I knew they were still available. I wish I had known that earlier.

...and there is already someone on eBay selling it for $180. Sigh.

First I heard of it was when I saw the ebay auction several weeks ago. That price is ridiculous, which is why it has not sold.

This might be a tough one to get for sure and if anyone has one to trade or sell, I'll be looking for one.

:)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I shot an email to the Brewers, even though the seller claims they are sold out. I asked if I can still get one if I register and donate.

2,750 seems like a LOT of people to donate at least $40. You're looking at $100 minimum, $125 if you do the half marathon. Fortunately I'm a runner so I'd enjoy the race, but I'd like to get the bobble if I can.

The Marathon website has a photo of the bobblehead, http://www.race-brewers.com/fundraising-incentives.

The runner themselves don't have to donate the $40, they just have to raise $40 in donations.

I see they offer packet pickup the morning of the race for $25, I ran the race the first year but living in the Fox Valley with no same day packet pickup my options were to either make the drive down two days in a row or get a hotel, so I skipped last year. With same day packet pickup offered I'm considering signing up.

That is good to know, but I still won't make it down... If anyone has an extra, or doesn't want theirs, please let me know!

It looks like you have to be a race participant to get the bobble.

So if I am reading it right, you'd have to pay the $75 to register as a participant, and then another $40 on top of that for fundraising...

Am I off base in that assessment?

Oh, and it is a mini bobble...

No, you don't have to pay the $40, you can try and raise the money if you don't want to pay it yourself.

You also get to run the race, as well as get the race perks involved, the tech shirt, the finisher's medal and the free game ticket.

But if you're not a runner and are in it solely for the bobble, I'd pay the price for the 10K instead of the half, though prices go up $10 after July 31.

• 1 month later...

Photos of the Hank bobbles, regular and marathon versions. Personally, I think they suck. They also look stupid in the collection as nothing else looks anything like them. Cute little puppies don't belong in manly bobblehead collections. ;)

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/turborickey/ebaysales006_zpse5e5d8d5.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/turborickey/ebaysales007_zpsa9a82500.jpg

They ended up selling the extra marathon bobbles at registration for $40 each. They had 200 of them, and sold them all for that price. Buddy of mine picked one up for me.

Archived