Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-15 All Star Game: NL (Wainwright) at AL (Hernandez), 7:00 PM CDT [AL 5, NL 3]

1992casey
Wainwright is terrible. Overrated. kershaw anybody?

All Lucroy's fault. See @BestFansStLouis on Twitter.

LOL! That's hilarious... Goes to show how much respect they have for their ace Adam that he can't over come what they think is a bad catcher? Morons.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure was an interesting Derek Jeter. Im sure glad our Derek Jeters played well in the Derek Jeter. Its a shame that Derek Jeter put us in a hole early by giving up 3 Derek Jeters in the first Derek Jeter(but at least he was classy enough to admit he was grooving balls in for Jeter, so its not his fault he sucked). Showed some good fight coming back to tie the Derek Jeter, but the Derek Jeters proved too tough and won Derek Jeter to Derek Jeter. Probably for the best anyway since our Derek Jeters have played better on the Derek Jeter so far this Derek Jeter anyway. Derek Jeter.

:laughing I saw what you did there!

Luc's name on the game summary graphic joining three biggest giants of the game in Jeter, Trout, and Cabrera. Gotta love it.

Wasn't that awesome? :)

I knew I'd have to put up with the "All-Jeter" focus to see our Brewers play, and for once it was worth it! The only thing that could have made me more proud of the Brewers' showing last night would be some offense for Carlos. By and large, this was one of the best overall showings by Brewers in an all-star game that I can remember...which of course hardly anyone outside our fanbase will remember.

[bit of an aside: I recognize that Derek is a stand-up guy who has handled his super-high-profile MLB position well - but I question whether any one player in this team sport, including Brewers players, warrants the degree of worship that he has received. Stepping off soapbox now.]

As for Adam Wainwright, his post-appearance comments were pretty much the human equivalent of a cat rolling off the bed or something, then quickly flipping upright and grooming himself, as if to say, "Yeah, I meant to do that." OK, Adam. :rolleyes

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

As I sat there and watched this ridiculous adoration of Derek Jeter I could only think of how the greats of the past, like Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Ernie Banks, and later with guys like Mike Schmidt, George Brett and Robin Yount would have reacted if they tried this nonsense back in the day. They would have been embarrassed. Way, way over the top. Sickening.

As I sat there and watched this ridiculous adoration of Derek Jeter I could only think of how the greats of the past, like Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Ernie Banks, and later with guys like Mike Schmidt, George Brett and Robin Yount would have reacted if they tried this nonsense back in the day. They would have been embarrassed. Way, way over the top. Sickening.

Cal Ripken Jr. was named the MVP of the 2001 ASG. In the first inning, A-Rod (the starting 3b) directed Cal to play shortstop - his classic position - instead of Third. In his first AB, Ripken homered off the first pitch he saw from Chan Ho Park.

Fortunately, for all of us, Park was smart enough not to tell reporters that he didn't mean to give Ripken a pitch to hit....then immediately try to take it back in a manner that only served to give it more attention, because it was in front of the same national audience that was still watching the game. 13 years later, it's barely a footnote.

(This wouldn't be a news story had Wainright not shot his mouth off to a reporter...or if he hadn't given up extra base hits to the next two hitters. That's what makes it fun to rip the guy.)

Yeah...that was a bit painful. Was there a tribute to Tony Gwynn or at least a nice mention of him during the game? I didn't watch past the 5th inning, but I don't think I remember them mentioning him.

I love @bestfansstl.

Yeah...that was a bit painful. Was there a tribute to Tony Gwynn or at least a nice mention of him during the game? I didn't watch past the 5th inning, but I don't think I remember them mentioning him.

I love @bestfansstl.

I don't think his name came up once. :angry

Archived