Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-15 All Star Game: NL (Wainwright) at AL (Hernandez), 7:00 PM CDT [AL 5, NL 3]

1992casey

In all the disappointment about the Brewers' struggles the last couple weeks, it's so cool to see an All-Star game like tonight.

I'm on vacation right now and as much as I enjoyed getting to stroll on the beach with my wife and kids after dinner, I was a little upset I missed the All-Star intros. I explained to my wife that when I was a kid, that was my favorite part of the game because that was often the only time I got to see our one and only All-Star.

What a difference today. Three guys starting, two get multiple hits, one coming out of the bullpen and throwing a shutout inning. The little kid in me doesn't know what to think.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers: 4-7, 1 Run, 2 RBIs. 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER.

The Keepers of Baseball Etiquette: 1.1 IP, 6 H, 5 ER. The rest of the NL pitchers have allowed 1 hit and no runs in 4.2 IP...though that was a pretty play by Gordon/Freeman to get K-Rod through hitless.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I think the Brewers boys have really acquitted themselves well tonight. Gomez whiffed a few times, but he had a nice grab, and got to show off the hose a few times. Luc and Rami with 2 hits each, K-Rod with a scoreless inning......

Gomez looks like he's just stoked as all get out to just be there.

55 degrees here in Milwaukee, National game, Buck calling game on Fox, commercials about MLB playoffs; feels like October! ... Here is to hoping we get some déjà vu of the Brew Crew tearing it up again come October.

Wainwright admits to reporters he threw a meat pitch to Jeter to let him get a hit. GARBAGE!

No, what's GARBAGE, is that he threw him the pitches, and only after he gives up the 3 runs and costs his team the game does he come out and ADMIT that he did that basically taking credit away from Jeter and the blame away from himself.

I just can't stand the entire organization.

I don't have any issue with grooving a pitch for Jeter or for Ripken...but shut up after the fact.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Wainwright admits to reporters he threw a meat pitch to Jeter to let him get a hit. GARBAGE!

Wouldn't be a big deal at all if the All-Star game didn't mean anything.

Totally disagree. It'd still be a big deal because of how big of a clown Wainwright looks like now.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

It's even worse to admit you did it, you throw Jeter under the bus by saying it. Now tried to back track.

Totally disagree. It'd still be a big deal because of how big of a clown Wainwright looks like now.

Who cares how big of a clown Wainwright looks like? It has no bearing on anything.

Sure was an interesting Derek Jeter. Im sure glad our Derek Jeters played well in the Derek Jeter. Its a shame that Derek Jeter put us in a hole early by giving up 3 Derek Jeters in the first Derek Jeter(but at least he was classy enough to admit he was grooving balls in for Jeter, so its not his fault he sucked). Showed some good fight coming back to tie the Derek Jeter, but the Derek Jeters proved too tough and won Derek Jeter to Derek Jeter. Probably for the best anyway since our Derek Jeters have played better on the Derek Jeter so far this Derek Jeter anyway. Derek Jeter.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived