Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tue. 7/15 - Whew! A Breather, and Our Thanks to You!

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Monday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Nashville: Idle; AAA All-Star Game is Wednesday

Huntsville: Idle

Brevard County: Idle

Wisconsin: Idle

DVR ALERT! Starting Wednesday, three consecutive Timber Rattlers games will be televised -- in order MyNew32 TV, TWC SportsChannel, and MyNew32 TV again. Broadcast time 7:00 PM each evening.

Helena: Idle

Arizona Rookie (Maryvale): Idle

DSL Brewers: at home vs. the DSL Tigers, 9:30 AM, although game data won't be available until later in the day

We're also going to lock in the link to Brad Krause's fantastic Miller Park Prospects - Dominican Summer League primer right here, at least for the first couple of months of the DSL campaign, for your easy review. Brad will also be adding DSL Link Report duties to his Brevard coverage for us here. Thanks, Brad!

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Tuesday's action:

DSL Brewers

To see tweets as to when the Link Report has been technically "completed" with available links, as well as to know when the new day's Report has been posted, please follow @Mass_Haas on Twitter.

STANDINGS: (For split-season leagues, 2nd half standings are shown as the default, although overall standings are also available at the link.)

AAA - Pacific Coast League American Southern Division

AA - Southern League North Division

High-A - Florida State League North Division

A - Midwest League Western Division

Rookie Advanced - Pioneer League North Division

Rookie - Arizona Summer League Central Division

DSL - Dominican Summer League San Pedro de Macoris

Sortable individual stat pages:

Nashville

Huntsville

Brevard County

Wisconsin

Helena

Maryvale

Dominican Summer League Brewers

Weather.com:

Santo Domingo, DR

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Eureka!

Helena's (and former DSL prospect) Sthervin Matos makes his video debut --

VIDEO: Helena's Sthervin Matos hits a two-run home run in the seventh inning of a 13-5 loss at Grand Junction

We'll help you enjoy the day via the Manatees staff, they've posted a fun video that includes the full two-run bottom of the 9th inning rally from Sunday's game.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thank you MLB and MiLB!

Outside of the Dominican Summer League (sorry, Brad), all of us get to catch our breath and catch up on all things (including those outside of Brewers minor league baseball, believe it or not!), even if it's just for one day.

We were going to set up a poll asking our readers to what extent they follow the Link Report. But many of our readers aren't formal Brewerfan Forum members, so we wouldn't get a true cross-section of votes/comments.

So as I thank my fellow Link Reporters for their diligence and all their efforts (Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!), I'll ask you, our posters, to instead comment in this thread if you wish - we realize you'll only be able to comment if you're a forum member.

If you're not a forum member, feel free to drop me an email -- good, bad, indifferent, to jgoulart "at" brewerfan.net.

Allowing for the fact that several readers visit each day's report more than once, we can assume our approximate 650 page views daily is closer to a number around 400-450 as far as number of fans of the Brewers farm system checking in.

Would you say you quickly peruse the game summaries, sometimes clicking on the box score and game log links?

Do you make time to devour every inch of the report, including audio interviews, video highlights, etc.?

Following up with audio/video links is an extra step we hope folks appreciate, but we're trying to get a sense of how often people take advantage of their linkage.

Thanks to all who join us here each day. -- MH (Jim)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Maas, first a huge thanks to you and everyone who works on this. It's awesome.

I look at the Link Report just about every day.

I scan over game reports, reading in-depth if something catches my eye. My interest is in the players that are going to potentially make a difference in Milwaukee some day. So I'll read more if there's info about someone like Arcia or Coultier. But I'm not real excited by info about Pete Orr.

Box scores: love them. I probably click on them at least every other day.

Sortable stats: love the quick links to them. I don't use them all the time, but I bet at least once or twice a week I click on them so I can do a quick review of how guys are doing.

I hardly ever click on the weather or standing links.

I don't click on the video very often - maybe once every couple of weeks. I almost never click on audio links.

I also like when links are added to articles about players.

Thanks again for doing so much. I appreciate it.

I check each teams box scores every day through this thread, and I typically only visit the thread once, the day after to do this. I dont really read the articles all that often, nor do I watch videos or listen to anything, I just look at numbers and stats from the boxscores, i'll scroll through the posts, but if nothing pops out i'll just move on. I love that you guys do this though

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Ditto on the utmost appreciation for all those who contribute on a daily basis to the Link Report. I agree with the others that I try my best to follow some of the top prospects, not really interested in the filler guys. Stop by every few days in the week. I also like to follow the general success of the teams by looking at the standings, team stats etc.

I usually check the box scores on MiLB first and then check here, primarily for the link reporters' comments which I find valuable. I also use the audio/video stuff from here which I would probably not see otherwise. It's good to get all the games' audio feeds linked here rather than have to mess with MiLB which is not very user friendly for that. I still say Mass should be on the wall of fame at Miller. Who has done more for the Brewers?

I'd like to send a big thank you to all of the link reporters for their dedication and time. I try to check everyday for the daily link report. I mostly click on the box scores. I try to read the comments of the reporter and any other nuggets posted by anyone who has more info. I don't read the articles or do the video/ audio. Thanks again gentlemen.

Community Moderator

Some Link Report reminiscing, MLB All-Star Game version (special thanks to MiLB Prospective Blog):

nelson-cruz-joy-r-absalom-2006.jpg

aramis-ramirez-rehab-wisconsin-timber-rattlers-ann-mollica-2014.jpg

lucroy-tony-farlow-milb-2009.jpg

greinke-hawkeye-sports-photography-dennis-greenblatt-2011-rehab.jpg

http://www.milb.com/images/2011/10/31/G2tiSGv3.jpg

http://cmsimg.wausaudailyherald.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=U0&Date=20120516&Category=APC020602&ArtNo=205160812&Ref=PH&Item=6&q=90

http://i.imgur.com/slQ2Jo3.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Maas, first a huge thanks to you and everyone who works on this. It's awesome.

I look at the Link Report just about every day.

I scan over game reports, reading in-depth if something catches my eye. My interest is in the players that are going to potentially make a difference in Milwaukee some day. So I'll read more if there's info about someone like Arcia or Coultier. But I'm not real excited by info about Pete Orr.

Box scores: love them. I probably click on them at least every other day.

Sortable stats: love the quick links to them. I don't use them all the time, but I bet at least once or twice a week I click on them so I can do a quick review of how guys are doing.

I hardly ever click on the weather or standing links.

I don't click on the video very often - maybe once every couple of weeks. I almost never click on audio links.

I also like when links are added to articles about players.

Thanks again for doing so much. I appreciate it.

First, huge thanks to all who make it happen. Second, pretty much exactly what was written above. Never look at DSL stuff, rarely look at Maryvale stuff, occasionally look at Helena stuff. Never click on weather, occasionally click on standings links. Rarely look at video or audio.

Thanks again to everyone who contributes, especially to Mass!

Final: DSL Tigers 18, DSL Brewers 1

DSL Brewers Box Score

Apparently the Brewers pitchers thought they had the day off as well, as they were crushed by the Tigers DSL affiliate on Tuesday morning, losing by a score of 18-1. Rodrigo Benoit started and was charged with the loss after allowing four runs and not making it out of the first inning. Orlando Torrez followed and was touched up for five runs in 4.1 innings. Juan De Los Santos led the offense, going 2-for-3 and knocking in the only Brewers run while Nicolas Pierre, Johel Atencio, Kevin Martinez and Raphachel Colatosti each picked up a single. The Brewers committed four errors defensively, but on the bright side had a pair of outfield assists.

DSL Brewers Play-By-Play

The Brewers only run came on a one out single by Juan De Los Santos.

DSL Brewers Bottom of the 4th

Johel Atencio singles on a line drive to right fielder Ignacio Valdez.

Nicol Valderrey walks. Johel Atencio to 2nd.

Kevin Martinez grounds into a double play, shortstop Isrrael De La Cruz to second baseman Hector Martinez to first baseman Alwin Delgado. Johel Atencio to 3rd. Nicol Valderrey out at 2nd.

Juan De Los Santos singles on a fly ball to right fielder Ignacio Valdez. Johel Atencio scores.

Raphachel Colatosti grounds out, third baseman Randel Alcantara to first baseman Alwin Delgado.

I've said it before, but thanks again for providing this service. What a great resource to find everything you need in one topic. I look at all the box scores daily, along with the feature stories, game stories, etc. As others have said, the weather is about the only thing I don't read.

If it wasn't so convenient the way you put this together, I highly doubt I would spend the time every day clicking through MiLB's site and other sources to find all this information.

Checking these threads is a daily thing for me. I always check the boxscores of at least Helena on up and enjoy the first-hand reports from people at the games. I know pretty much zip about minor leagues other than I love Arcia so I'd be quite clueless without the link reports.
3TO Apostle

Archived