Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-13 Cardinals (Martínez) at Brewers (Peralta ), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-2]

1992casey
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
What would you guys think if your highest paid player led the league in GIDP, batted .260 in the 3 hole with half as many HR's as the SS and was a butcher in the outfield?

Just wondering.

Braun has an .850-ish OPS, leads the team in RBI's, and has done this while being injured most of the year..... and the vitriol I see aimed at him on this board is pretty incredible. I can't imagine what would be said about him if he was putting up Holliday-like numbers.

That ball was about 4" off the ground and off the outside corner, and Brauny still managed to hook that into left field.

And......wow. I thought Khris Davis didn't have an arm. Holliday can't throw. AT ALL.

Just saw the highlight - wow - that was horrendous!

What would you guys think if your highest paid player led the league in GIDP, batted .260 in the 3 hole with half as many HR's as the SS and was a butcher in the outfield?

Just wondering.

I would be wondering if it is a slump or if he is truly going into decline. Would also start to think he should be moved down in the order, at some point. Holiday is 34 years old now, a pretty typical age for hitters to start declining. He is in year 5 of a 7 year contract meaning the Cards are on the hook through 2016.

So needed. What a terrible end to the first half ... but this is a deep breath as we try to to regroup for the late summer kick. Even with the absurdity of the last 14 days ... we are going to possibly enter the all-star break with the best record in the National League. Crazy.

Should be a really fun second half.

Don't understand pulling Peralta. The bullpen has sucked lately and is probably tired and Peralta is at like 80 pitches, so it's not like he needs to be pulled with 115 or something.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It's like on the last day before the break, these guys have realized "hey, I don't have to swing as hard as possible to get base hits"

Just watching the swings, it's like there's a totally different approach at the plate from everyone. Unbelievable.

Just wondering.

From what I can tell this is the 4th year of his contract, but I would think that's what teams often get at the end of veteran player's contracts. The next couple years could be brutal. You have to look at what they provided along the way. Would he have signed if the contract was shorter? It's the way things work these days. Some teams can afford these contracts more than others.

Archived