Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-13 Cardinals (Martínez) at Brewers (Peralta ), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-2]

1992casey

Lineups

Cardinals

1. Matt Carpenter 3B
  2. Kolten Wong 2B
  3. Matt Holliday LF
  4. Matt Adams 1B
  5. Jhonny Peralta SS
  6. Allen Craig RF
  7. Jon Jay CF
  8. Tony Cruz C
  9. Carlos Martínez P

Brewers

1. Carlos Gomez CF
  2. Scooter Gennett 2B
  3. Ryan Braun RF
  4. Aramis Ramirez 3B
  5. Jonathan Lucroy C
  6. Khris Davis LF
  7. Lyle Overbay 1B
  8. Elian Herrera SS
  9. Wily Peralta P

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win is probably asking too much right now. Just hoping they don't completely phone it in today...this team is begging for an All-Star break and chance to re-group right now.

Quick and dirty Brewers lineup:

Gomez

Gennett

Lucroy

Ramirez

Braun

Davis

Overbay

Herrerra

Peralta

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I would say that your chances are better than 50/50. Martinez will be gotten to. He's talented, but not ready for prime time. And the Brewers can capitalize on Tony Cruz. The stolen base (or fear thereof) would rattle any infield complacent after years of Yadi.

Run early and often.

LETS PLAY SOME FIRST PLACE BASEBALL! Seriously, despite going 1-11 or whatever it is now, if we could get a win today and enter the break in first place that would be great and a good start to the second half the season.

Quick and dirty Cardinals lineup for today:

Carpenter

Wong

Holliday

Adams

Peralta

Allen Craig*

John Jay**

Cruz

Martinez

Lineup mistakes: *Should not be facing a RHP. His futility with the inside fastball has been exposed. **Stopped hitting a week ago. Tavares the better option, but benched.

I disagree and bet Brewer bats go cold. :) just seems par for the course right now.
LOL. You know the Brewers better than I know Martinez, so you could be right. One thing though: Molina would have visited the mound 2 or 3 times there in the 1st. Cruz has not the cred. Even with a rookie pitcher.

Most of the hits have been up the chute. Even most outs have been hard hit. I predict a short night for Martinez. Roof has been closed and now reopened. Balls are going to fly methinks. At the game right now and Cards fans are so obnoxious bordering on being worse than cubs fans

I love how these announcers have now mentioned Braun and PED's twice and Peralta and PED's zero times when they were both involved in the same damn scandal.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Khris Davis' at bat is the Brewers problem in a microcosm. The bases are loaded on three walks and Davis get 4 pitches in a row that are out of the strike zone. He swings at two for a 2-2 count. Then he takes a pitch right in the heart of the zone for strike three. No concept of the strike zone. Roenicke's reaction will be that it is okay because we want to be aggressive. In the meantime we have failed to add to a two run lead and it will most likely come back to haunt us again.

I love how these announcers have now mentioned Braun and PED's twice and Peralta and PED's zero times when they were both involved in the same damn scandal.
Yeah. That's not fair but even casual baseball fans know the name Braun. Peralta, not so much.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Nothing anyone does will matter in the steroid world (see: Melky Cabrera making a fake website) in the eyes of fan to make someone a bigger villain than Braun, until it's a bigger *name* than Braun. That's the ONLY thing that matters. Pujols, Tulowitzki, maybe Trout or Miggy.....

I still see posts on ESPN about how Braun "ruined the collector's life" and "cost him his livelyhood", even though these are 100% false/inaccurate statements. Don't let truth get in the way of a good villainy story though.

Cards fans are so obnoxious bordering on being worse than cubs fans
Really? They're Card fans, but unlikely they are from St. Louis.

Martinez was lucky to get out of that jam.

The Cards fans in front of us are calling all the Brewers some choice 4 letter words

Cards fans are so obnoxious bordering on being worse than cubs fans
Really? They're Card fans, but unlikely they are from St. Louis.

Martinez was lucky to get out of that jam.

The Cards fans in front of us are calling all the Brewers some choice 4 letter words

That's pretty damn brave of them acting like that in Miller Park. What are the chances that when your fans catch up on the beers that they put a stop to it? (I know visitors dare not act that way in Chicago or Philly!)

Archived