Brewer Fanatic

Jean Segura's nine month old son passes away

crossface21

Unfortunately, a not-so-great season for Segura in baseball just took a backseat to life. Losing a child might be the toughest thing mentally anyone could go through. It'll be tough for him to bounce back this season.

Maybe there was something there for a while and mentally he hasn't been into it this season and and that may be a reason he has struggled?

Unfortunately, a not-so-great season for Segura in baseball just took a backseat to life. Losing a child might be the toughest thing mentally anyone could go through. It'll be tough for him to bounce back this season.

Maybe there was something there for a while and mentally he hasn't been into it this season and and that may be a reason he has struggled?

Maybe. But the reaction of RR last night makes me believe the death of this poor child could have been unexpected. I hope it wasn't 'crib death'. My mother lost a son before I was born and she really never got over it. :(

Maybe. But the reaction of RR last night makes me believe the death of this poor child could have been unexpected. I hope it wasn't 'crib death'. My mother lost a son before I was born and she really never got over it. :(

From Roenicke's quote here, it was unexpected....

"He was sick," Roenicke said of Segura's son. "(Segura) was on the phone yesterday before the game, and they thought he was OK and getting better. I don't really know much more than that.

"I don't know if it's been (going on) a while. Saying that, it may have been a couple days. I don't really know."

Jean Segura is hit by horrible personal tragedy

Ya - there could have been something going on. You never know. As a father of 3, I just couldn't imagine what this would be like. I feel horrible for Jean and the many others who have to experience this truly tragic event. My condolences to the Segura family.

What a tragedy to lose a child, especially if it was very sudden or unexpected.

Only a select few on this forum know, but my wife and I lost our first child four years ago. She was stillborn due to a fatal birth defect. It's a devastating thing for anyone to go through, and you always think about what could have been. I hope Jean will take all the time he and his family need to get through the grieving process, though that never really ends when a parent loses a child.

I know the entire Brewers family will be there for Jean and his family. I'm sure all of Brewers nation and the people on this site will be, too.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

There is no amount of money in the world to make up for what he's going through right now. I can't imagine losing your 9 month old son. I can't imagine anyone really can until they have kids and lose one. I don't know how you come back and play a game after that. I don't know how you come back and function after that. But people are resilient. Hopefully this will propel him and drive him to do good things down the road. To be charitable.

Either way, we're once again reminded that this is a game. A business and a game, but it still pales in comparison to what is important.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

What a tragedy to lose a child, especially if it was very sudden or unexpected.

Only a select few on this forum know, but my wife and I lost our first child four years ago. She was stillborn due to a fatal birth defect. It's a devastating thing for anyone to go through, and you always think about what could have been. I hope Jean will take all the time he and his family need to get through the grieving process, though that never really ends when a parent loses a child.

I know the entire Brewers family will be there for Jean and his family. I'm sure all of Brewers nation and the people on this site will be, too.

My cousin went through something similar. She found out her child had very serious developmental issues and if he survived birth would not live long. It was recommended that she terminate the pregnancy. She never gave it a thought. Even though she knew what was going to happen, I've never seen two people(her and her Husband) so.......devastated.

I can't even fathom what he's going through right now.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I feel terrible for Jean. That's going to be one long flight home.

I really can't imagine there being anything worse than losing a young child.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

My cousin went through something similar. She found out her child had very serious developmental issues and if he survived birth would not live long. It was recommended that she terminate the pregnancy. She never gave it a thought. Even though she knew what was going to happen, I've never seen two people(her and her Husband) so.......devastated.

Some good friends of mine had a similar situation. She gave birth, and their son lived for a few hours before passing away. It's a terrible tragedy to have a young life cut short.

Archived