Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-12 Cardinals (Nelson) at Brewers (Wainwright), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-2]

1992casey
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He snapped his bat over his knee before tossing it and his helmet and gloves to thr ground after he struck out

You mean he *tried* to snap his bat in half and then threw a tantrum. i understand the loss of Segura's son could be devastating for the team here in the short term but it doesn't take much to set Gomez off either.

This has been a tough game to watch.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

He snapped his bat over his knee before tossing it and his helmet and gloves to thr ground after he struck out

He hit his bat on his leg about 4 times and it still didn't break. haha

Then slams it on the ground, slams his helmet on the ground, and rips his batting gloves. You could hear all the puking coming from St Louis - very unclassy. :laughing

You mean he *tried* to snap his bat in half and then threw a tantrum. i understand the loss of Segura's son could be devastating for the team here in the short term but it doesn't take much to set Gomez off either.

This has been a tough game to watch.

Frankly I don't blame Carlos one little bit. The frustration and depression in that clubhouse must be overwhelming. If any team needs some time off it is this one. :(

Frankly I don't blame Carlos one little bit. The frustration and depression in that clubhouse must be overwhelming. If any team needs some time off it is this one. :(

Sure because it's easy to excuse poor behavior from our guys and easy to crack on Molina which is why so many will point the finger at the other team when Carlos gets into altercations with the opposition. It was McCann's or Cole's fault cause they started it... Gomez is an adult and he does things that I'd be embarrassed if one of the HS kids I coached did, I was actually hoping he hurt himself when the bat didn't break to teach him a lesson. It's not Latin flair, it's not playing the game hard, it's a complete loss of composure and there's no excusing it away... He's the one swinging himself in a circle when he misses, he only has one person to blame... himself.

I get this has been an incredibly trying 10 days, especially with the horrible situation Segura and the rest of the team is dealing with now, but none of that excuses classless behavior. He looked like a complete putz repeatedly ramming that bat into his leg and if he ended up with a deep thigh bruise what that display have proven? It wouldn't have helped the team, it would have put him on the shelf for at least a week (yes I know the all-star break starts after this series), nothing good comes from that sort of thing.

People generally are going to see what they want to see and while I've always been impressed with Gomez' physical gifts and he surprised me with his high level of play over the last 2 seasons, his attitude in my opinion has always sucked. He's always been about himself and it doesn't matter if he's on a rehab assignment, giving an interview, or playing with the big club. I've said it before but I think he'd be a very easy guy to mess with because he seemingly flies off the handle every single time his pride is challenged a little bit.

I readily admit he's not the type of guy I'm going to gravitate towards as a fan, I prefer understated rather than overstated athletes, the "look at me" guys tend to draw my ire, but I stand by my opinion that his display was childish and unnecessary. He's a fantastic talent, he plays hard, but I'm not a fan because of his attitude. I'll miss his production when he's gone but I won't miss him.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

TheCrew07 said it best... I agree with all that he said above!

I have to admit, Gomez and his circus are getting old. It is easier to take when he is on a roll (but only because winning is always fun), but when he is slumping, or not playing well, it stands out more as just being a selfish little baby.

If I was a fan of another team, I would hate Gomez, as I hate other guys from other teams who act like he does. Same could be said about Morgan when he was here.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived