Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-12 Cardinals (Nelson) at Brewers (Wainwright), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-2]

1992casey
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was really hoping I wouldn't have to be productive in life this season in order to ignore the brewers. Thanks a lot
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

The Brewers wouldn't be able to score 8 runs in a week the way they're hitting. And worse yet? If they somehow come back from being down 8, they'd fail to keep the lead and lose anyway.

I don't think I can ever recall feeling this upset about a Brewers' season.

It ain't over, but it sure feels over. Seems like it shouldn't be this tough to take because I don't think anyone reasonably expected them to play as well as they did at the start. I think having this Cards series on the horizon as the slide started, and now seeing the fears confirmed in this fashion is just fuel on the fire.

You may run like Mays...

It ain't over, but it sure feels over. Seems like it shouldn't be this tough to take because I don't think anyone reasonably expected them to play as well as they did at the start. I think having this Cards series on the horizon as the slide started, and now seeing the fears confirmed in this fashion is just fuel on the fire.

In February, if you would have told me the Brewers would have a one game lead during the last weekend before the All-Star game, I would have been delighted.

Watching this team the last two weeks has been anything but delightful; and, like you said, to know they're losing it against the Cardinals - my least favorite team in any sport - makes it even worse. The fact that this weekend has gone exactly as I had feared, it's almost too much to take right now.

And of course, Segura's son passing away being the worst part of this season.

Verified Member

I'm weirdly not that upset. Maybe it's just me, but not only did I never expect them to do as well as they did this season (so far), but even when they had an amazing record it just never seemed like they were that good. I never stopped waiting for the other shoe to drop and now it finally has.

Makes it much more palatable going into the All-Star break to step back and say: this is a so-so team that was somehow handicapped one of the best records in baseball through >1/2 the season, and now they still have a solid chance of making the playoffs (where anything can happen) even just by blundering through the second half.

Archived