Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-11 Cardinals (Kelly) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6]

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does Braun need glasses?

Or give credit to the pitcher for a hell of a pitch? Because it was.

This.

That was a great pitch. Should have never even been batting in the nineth. The Cards are a bad hitting team and 6 runs should beat them

The hitting approach for these guys is God awful. There is no way to be consistent taking the "swing as hard as humanly possible" approach. The only way Davis is hitting a ball to the opposite field is if its on accident and he is late on a fastball. Gomez falls over himself like at least 3 times a game. A bunch of hacks.

They lost 88 games and were 23 games out of 1st place at the end of last year. They are in first place with the best record in the National league so far this year. Seriously...you people are going to complain that the sky is falling? Try talking to the Cubs or the Diamondback fans.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Every member of the Brewers 25-man should be punched in the face for allowing this to happen. RRR twice. And BA three times for sounding too-happy praising the opposing team all throughout their success against us. I want to kill multiple living things, swear profusely, and run amok.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Watched all those 90s teams. They were never playing for anything. This is much, much worse.

So you would rather be in last place and play for nothing than be in first place and go through a tough patch?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Wow..some of you clearly did not live through the vast wasteland of Brewer seasons between the mid 90s and mid 00's. This season is far from being a "train wreck"

Not necessarily. Those teams had very little chance be competitive. This team showed that they could compete but now are just playing terribly. I was at loss 100 back in 2002 (as part of my 20-game pack at the time) and this team is more disappointing as of late because they actually had a chance.

Wow..some of you clearly did not live through the vast wasteland of Brewer seasons between the mid 90s and mid 00's. This season is far from being a "train wreck"

Pretty sure most of us did. The difference is we knew those teams were bad, so when they lost 10 of 11 everybody was kind of like whatever, we know it's not a good team. This team was 19 games over .500 and 6.5 games up in the division less than two weeks ago. Now the lead is down to one game with the team that has owned us for the past few years right on our tail.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Not necessarily. Those teams had very little chance be competitive. This team showed that they could compete but now are just playing terribly. I was at loss 100 back in 2002 (as part of my 20-game pack at the time) and this team is more disappointing as of late because they actually had a chance.

I went to Ruben Quevedo's first start as a Brewer......

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/MIL/MIL200108040.shtml

Check out that beauty of a box score.

They lost 88 games and were 23 games out of 1st place at the end of last year. They are in first place with the best record in the National league so far this year. Seriously...you people are going to complain that the sky is falling? Try talking to the Cubs or the Diamondback fans.

Is the in-game thread not the place to vent during the game? I'm sorry, but losses are a lot harder to take when the team you root for has something to play for. Can you stop with the whole "stop complaining, the team is in 1st" act.

Let people vent in the in-game thread, that's what it's here for.

Somebody give me a link to where I can hear Ron Roenicke's post game presser please. I thought I had bookmarked it, but I can't see it.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I've been 20 game season ticket holder since the early 90's (actually was 13 or 15 games back in county stadium) and this is far from being anything close to being a disaster. Most of the season back in the 90's/ early 00's were over by now. I'm going to the game tomorrow and I"m happy that it's a game that has some meaning.

I get what you are saying but 1-10 in the last 11 is the sky falling right now. Add to that the fact that they could lose the division lead this weekend to a Brewers fans most hated rival, and of course there will be complaining.

As great as the first few months were their current stretch is a gut punch and very hard to watch. If all is happy go lucky in you world more power to you.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Watched all those 90s teams. They were never playing for anything. This is much, much worse.

So you would rather be in last place and play for nothing than be in first place and go through a tough patch?

Nice straw-man statement. Nobody said that at all.

Archived