Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-11 Cardinals (Kelly) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6]

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeez...in the time I had to shut off the gsme before landing and now we plated a few more runs. I can dig it!

You're on land, Cardinals are scoring = please go back on a plane now. Seems far fetched, but why risk it.

It's amazing how Braun can't pull anything with any sort of power, but he still keeps putting up productive numbers by going the other way.

He's not pulling anything because he's standing a mile off the plate. Might be to protect his thumb from getting jammed, who knows. Fully believe if he moved back up on the plate he would pull balls with power.

No, it's because he's hurt. It's both his thumb and oblique. He has always stood way off the plate.

No, it's because he's hurt. It's both his thumb and oblique. He has always stood way off the plate.

I fully agree he's not healthy. At times this year he has been ridiculous distances off the plate though. He's had at bats where his heels are almost on the line. I don't remember him being that far off the plate in his earlier years, but could be wrong.

Edit... Went to good old YouTube and watched a compilation of his 2012 home runs and he is equally far off the plate. Had some back of the box pulled balls that year.

Archived