Brewer Fanatic

Jimmy Nelson called up; Wang placed on DL with "shoulder tightness"

trwi7

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And there is the mysterious injury to Wang. I knew they would do it Some naysayers said the brewers wouldnt make up an injury. Ha integrrity and all that crap be dammed its the right thing to do.

And their is the mysterious enjury to Wang. I knew they would do it Some nawsayers said the brewers wouldnt make up an injury. Ha integrrity and all that crap be dammed its the right thing to do.

Yeah, the suggestion was mocked pretty heavily and my credibility was questioned and that the training staff would likely be fined for such a brazen act. I doubt anyone at MLB's offices will even notice. 15 days on the DL, give him the time alloted to rehab in the minors and he can come back up in September and sit on the bench and be a part of a hopefully good race for the division.

Nelson meanwhile....he's got a tough game vs the Cards but I have every confidence he'll pitch well for us and be an upgrade the 2nd half.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

RHP Jimmy Nelson will start for the #Brewers on Saturday vs. St. Louis. RHP Marco Estrada to the bullpen.

It's about time. I hope we never see Marco Estrada start another game for Milwaukee.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is cool and all, but Estrada is definitely not the biggest problem on the team right now.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Wang pitched two times in this series, of course his shoulder is going to be sore.

Why is this blue?!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Watch this, Wang will stay on the DL until at least close the roster expansion on September 1, then he becomes, "the player to be named" in the trade that gets the Brewers a piece for the stretch run, once the season is over.

Wang pitched two times in this series, of course his shoulder is going to be sore.

Why is this blue?!

I'll fix it:

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1188/11888561/2562405-6086807432-Happe.gif

This sums it up! Now we just need to figure out how to score runs.

So 15 days...make it one extra week to get to 22 days, a rehab assignment stretched to 30, and Wang is conveniently back when the roster expands. Still preferred "muscle atrophy from never pitching" to shoulder tightness.

More or less what I was expecting at some point before August - they simply have too many proven bullpen arms that can help during the season's 2nd half, and they put up with Wang eating up a roster spot for the requisite amount of service time...get him on the 15-day DL, then maximize the time he get's to do a rehab assignment before calling him back up in mid/late August, right before rosters expand.

Glad to see Nelson get his opportunity to lock down a rotation spot...too bad he also isn't a great hitter, because this team needs the bats to show up ASAP!

More or less what I was expecting at some point before August - they simply have too many proven bullpen arms that can help during the season's 2nd half, and they put up with Wang eating up a roster spot for the requisite amount of service time...get him on the 15-day DL, then maximize the time he get's to do a rehab assignment before calling him back up in mid/late August, right before rosters expand.

Glad to see Nelson get his opportunity to lock down a rotation spot...too bad he also isn't a great hitter, because this team needs the bats to show up ASAP!

Yeah there is nobody in the bullpen who sucks and should be replaced.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived