Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-10 Phillies (Buchanan) at Brewers (Garza), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-1; led 1-0 after 7]

hawing
The Brewers are in a Top Gun like flat spin. Nothing Roenicke can do about it in my opinion. Garza is the only bright spot for the last 10 days or so, so he stuck with him. Yeah, probably shouldn't have pitched to Rollins, but Utley's been killing them this series and is the best hitter on the team. Nothing but bad options when a team is playing this poorly.
You may run like Mays...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers have a .565 OPS in July - worst in baseball. 20 runs in 8 games.

This slump is really on the hitters, although the pitching hasn't been good.

The pitching hasn't been terrible outside of Smith and Peralta yesterday. We can't hit worth a damn. We are making the Phillie's pitching staff look like a collection of Cy Youngs. :tongue

5 runs and counting. ALL WITH TWO OUTS. Unbelievable. I'm not watching so I don't know if these are unlucky or not, but the odds of that happening are miniscule, yet we've managed to do it.

The July 2014 Brewers - the worst team in MLB. Finding ways to lose games.

I mean, this is almost unfathomable. The Phillies are awful. One of the worst offenses in baseball. 3-13 over the last 3 weeks and they come in and beat the crap out of us.

5 runs and counting. ALL WITH TWO OUTS. Unbelievable. I'm not watching so I don't know if these are unlucky or not, but the odds of that happening are miniscule, yet we've managed to do it.

The July 2014 Brewers - the worst team in MLB. Finding ways to lose games.

I mean, this is almost unfathomable. The Phillies are awful. One of the worst offenses in baseball. 3-13 over the last 3 weeks and they come in and beat the crap out of us.

Some of the balls were hit pretty hard.. well, actually probably all of them.

Remember early in the season when we told ourselves to enjoy the big winning streak and unforeseen success because a downswing would inevitably come? Well, here you go.

Yep. My brother got big into the Brewers this year for the first time in a while and called all excited at some point in May. I just said, well, wait and see. I was hoping it was real that they could dominate, but a close race is much more realistic. If they can turn it around quick, it's far from over. But, it is less fun to watch.

You may run like Mays...

I don't feel like laughing. I feel like crying. I know that's sad and I shouldn't care this much....but I do.

The season is literally crumbling to pieces right in front of us. It's just frustrating and heartbreaking to watch. This is more than just a rough patch. Losing 10 of 11 and swept in 4 by a horrible Phillies team is just bad baseball. It's like they morphed into the worst team in MLB over night. The entire offense went into a slump. The pitching's been awful. We've found ways to lose games.

It's just a game and I'm just a fan and maybe I care too much, but this is making me want to cry a lot more than laugh.

Remember early in the season when we told ourselves to enjoy the big winning streak and unforeseen success because a downswing would inevitably come? Well, here you go.

Yep. My brother got big into the Brewers this year for the first time in a while and called all excited at some point in May. I just said, well, wait and see. I was hoping it was real that they could dominate, but a close race is much more realistic. If they can turn it around quick, it's far from over. But, it is less fun to watch.

I think everyone kinda knew we weren't going to play .700 baseball all year, but I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams expected that we would lose 10 of 11 games including a 4 game home sweep by the Phillies.

Archived