Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-10 Phillies (Buchanan) at Brewers (Garza), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-1; led 1-0 after 7]

hawing
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The icing on the cake will be a no hitter for a loss. Can see it now.

What are you even talking about? Please don't explain either...

Never fails...

Cry me a river. A guy posting on the internet has ZERO to do with a no hitter happening or not. The post was a touch of sarcasm. I didnt actually think he would throw a no hitter and lose. Just more so about how things have been going for the Brewers. Sorry that you don't like my humor.

Who's going to step up and play like an all star in Molinas place now? The guy will probably hit .400 while he's gone.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I remember Mark Buerlhe joking after his perfect game that after about the 4th inning he was joking and chasing teammates in the dugout, telling them "hey, I have a perfect game going!"

the jinx stuff should be an appendix to the unwritten rules of baseball

I seem to remember the Dodgers talking to and acting normal around Beckett in the dugout from the footage. Didn't see Kershaw.

And by the way, I think Kershaw's game should be considered a perfect game. It's not his fault Ramirez had a throwing error. I know it'll never change, but I do wonder how many times in MLB history has a pitcher not allowed a hit or walk but lost a perfect game due to an error.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Pretty nice matchup the rest of the way for Duke/Smith/K-Rod.

In fact, I would even go with Duke next inning and then Smith in the 9th with all the lefties the Phillies have.

8-12 weeks is potentially the rest of the regular season...all jokes aside about his backup being great in his absence, that's a HUGE blow to the Cardinals.

Yup, and that's a huge plus for the Brewers as he's still awfully good and almost certainly the leader of that team. Same with Phillips. If they are both out 8-12 weeks (I haven't seen yet for BP), but that's a huge gain from the Brewers perspective.

8-12 weeks is potentially the rest of the regular season...all jokes aside about his backup being great in his absence, that's a HUGE blow to the Cardinals.

Yeah, as great as Lucroy is, Molina is a bigger part of their success IMO. He completely dominates the other teams running game. I think Luc is 3rd in the league in CS% and still 20 pct behind Molina. Or at least Luc was a weak or so ago.

And he ALWAYS seems to come up with a big hit. The Cards aren't looking all that intimidating right now with Wacha, Garcia, Molina and others on the DL and some of their young arms not pitching quite as well as expected.

Though....still pretty dangerous.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Just watched the Buehrle video where he was talking about his perfect game. He's like "it doesn't make sense to talk to a guy the first 4-5 innings, and then not talk about what's going on the last innings"

Basically.......he said the superstition part of it is dumb.

This is an awesome scout tip on Gameday

David Buchanan may prefer to go after Jeff Bianchi, whose OPS is .367 this season, with the changeup rather than facing Carlos Gomez , whose OPS is .859

Really glad I know that

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yup, and that's a huge plus for the Brewers as he's still awfully good and almost certainly the leader of that team. Same with Phillips. If they are both out 8-12 weeks (I haven't seen yet for BP), but that's a huge gain from the Brewers perspective.

What's the word on how long Votto is going to be out?

I was just looking at that on the calendar. Earliest would be late August and latest would be mid September, of course I dont know if thats including rehab or not. If the Cardinals were out of it by then perhaps they would just shut him down for the year

Formerly AirShuttle6104

A lot of injuries in the division, but it won't matter if the Brewers don't start playing better and winning some games.

They haven't said anything on a timeframe for Votto, other than "it's an injury that is going to limit him the rest of the season". He looked terrible against the Brewers, he could barely even swing.

I once had a no-hitter through I think 5 innings in high school (we play 7 innings) and I happily talked about it in the dugout. Sure, I lost the no-no in the 6th, but whatever. It's not like I wasn't thinking about it every pitch.

Only watching on gamecast, but could have done without an 0-2 double to the 8 hitter batting .160. UGH.

Did I see that Homer Bailey also left his start with an injury today??

He did. Then Chapman started acting like a turd and the benches cleared.

I once had a no-hitter through I think 5 innings in high school (we play 7 innings) and I happily talked about it in the dugout. Sure, I lost the no-no in the 6th, but whatever. It's not like I wasn't thinking about it every pitch.

[sarcasm]I threw 3 perfect innings in little league....then my Dad told me about it and totally ruined it![/sarcasm]

Archived