Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-09 Phillies (Hernandez) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-1... have lost 8 of 9, after winning 8 of previous 10]

Hernandez last start: 5.1 10hits 5Runs 117! pitches vs Pitts(a team turning it around)

Today he's thus far 6ip 64 pitches 1ER 3hits vs Milw a team on the decline!

You have got to stop with all this running in to tough pitching talk when here's a number 5 Starter tossing his best stat-line of the season at you who only sees the 7 inning every 7 starts this season. Well he's on pace to pitch 10 innings and maybe he'll sweat by then!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hernandez last start: 5.1 10hits 5Runs 117! pitches vs Pitts(a team turning it around)

You have got to stop with all this running in to tough pitching talk when here's a number 5 Starter tossing his best stat-line of the season at you who only sees the 7 inning every 7 starts this season. Well he's on pace to pitch 10 innings and maybe he'll sweat by then!

Brewers' philosophy: gotta swing your way out of it on the 1st pitch.

Brewers' philosophy: gotta swing your way out of it on the 1st pitch.

Semi-serious question: are the Brewers the dumbest team in the league? Why would any pitcher throw them strikes? They get themselves out on the 1st pitch so frequently that there's no reason to even nibble to the Brewer hitters.

two weeks until 4th place! Even with half the team out the cards should have no problem sweeping us. What on earth is going on with these guys?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Time for the Brewers to either to change their batting ways or fire the hitting coach.

The cards with those two out will now only take 2/3 from us this weekend can't wait till the country see us on the Fox national broacast

It doesn't matter who gets hurt for the Cardinals... How many starters are out of their rotation already? Losing a couple position players shouldn't affect them either.

They have our number, and things always seem to work out for them regardless of who is out of their line-up at any given time.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

how could this team be so stupid swinging at all these first pitches.well maybe someone will make some changes after their out of first. This team is looking again like the May ballclub of 2013. Everything falling apart at the same time.

We sure are making Carmona, er, I mean Hernandez, look like the ace he once was...

You know it's bad when Rock and BA are even saying out loud that the Brewers need to stop swinging at the first pitch and make the pitcher work harder... As diplomatic as these two normally are, this has to be driving them nuts too.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Coming off the last road trip I was thinking "ok we can get well against a really bad Phillies team that can't score".....oh how wrong I was....this has just been a pathetic display

Exactly what I was thinking too, I've been telling the haters, look we face bad teams too, these are series we win which means above .500. I don't know what to say right now. We're on our way to be 3hit CG Shutout by a pitcher who just came off a 10 hit 117pitch outing and he's on the road? Maybe Pitchers should throw 115+ Hernandez is making a case they come back stronger...I always figured it the other way.

The problem is this team is filled with a bunch of free swingers. They just go up there hacking away. It really doesn't matter who is up there, they are all essentially the same. Somebody posted a graphic last night that the Brewers had four of the hitters taking the fewest average pitches per at bat in the Majors. Sometimes aggressiveness is called for. But it seems to me our hitters don't know when patience is called for. Their approach is always the same.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived