Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-08 Phillies (Kendrick) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

Not a lot of "they have to sign Segura to a long term extension" posts anymore. I am still a big Segura fan, and love his defense, but he is beyond brutal to watch at the plate right now. Crazy how night and day the first half of 2013 and 2014 have been for him.

I feel like pitchers made some adjustments in how they threw to him, and Jean just hasn't made the adjustments back. His approach at the plate always seems to be the same.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not a lot of other options. We have Wooten, Smith, and K-Rod left. Smith can't pitch everyday (and hasn't been all that good lately anyways), K-Rod is "the closer" so only pitches in the 9th with a 1 to 3 run lead, and Wooten sucks too.

Not a lot of "they have to sign Segura to a long term extension" posts anymore. I am still a big Segura fan, and love his defense, but he is beyond brutal to watch at the plate right now. Crazy how night and day the first half of 2013 and 2014 have been for him.

I feel like pitchers made some adjustments in how they threw to him, and Jean just hasn't made the adjustments back. His approach at the plate always seems to be the same.

They've adjusted by basically not throwing him strikes. At least not lately. He's seemingly swinging at virtually everything.

They've adjusted by basically not throwing him strikes. At least not lately. He's seemingly swinging at virtually everything.

13 walks in like 350 PA's would seem to back that statement up.

Wow, that ball girl was a little beefy. :laughing
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Is Braun available to pinch hit tonight?

Least pitches seen per PA among qualified NLers

[pre]Rk Name Tm PA Pit/PA

1 AdeinyHechavarria MIA 296 3.22

2 AndreltonSimmons ATL 337 3.32

3 JeanSegura MIL 350 3.41

4 RyanBraun MIL 304 3.51

5 BenRevere* PHI 322 3.53

6 ScooterGennett* MIL 282 3.53

7 MattAdams* STL 293 3.54

8 CarlosGomez MIL 362 3.56

9 JustinMorneau* COL 342 3.57

10 DJLeMahieu COL 305 3.58[/pre]

Come on Rickie, park one in the seats!

Least pitches seen per PA among qualified NLers

[pre]Rk Name Tm PA Pit/PA

1 AdeinyHechavarria MIA 296 3.22

2 AndreltonSimmons ATL 337 3.32

3 JeanSegura MIL 350 3.41

4 RyanBraun MIL 304 3.51

5 BenRevere* PHI 322 3.53

6 ScooterGennett* MIL 282 3.53

7 MattAdams* STL 293 3.54

8 CarlosGomez MIL 362 3.56

9 JustinMorneau* COL 342 3.57

10 DJLeMahieu COL 305 3.58[/pre]

That is fantastic that Brewers are 4 of the top 8.

ATTA BOY Carlos! Beautiful single! There's some really nice baseball fundamentals. Gotta tip my hat to him.

Archived