Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-08 Phillies (Kendrick) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

Wow...im cautiously optimistic but this game isnt over yet

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I don't buy the "they just aren't trying" and "don't want to win" comments. Of course they want to win. OBVIOUSLY they are trying. Did people expect to go through a 162 game season without a rough stretch? Until the Blue Jays series, the Brewers and Dodgers were the only teams in MLB to not get swept this year. That's nuts. We're playing some bad ball. It happens. Saying "they don't want to win" is just stupid.

I know it's the "game thread" and it's for knee jerk reactions, but "they don't want to win" is a false statement, wherever you say it.

I don't buy the "they just aren't trying" and "don't want to win" comments. Of course they want to win. OBVIOUSLY they are trying. Did people expect to go through a 162 game season without a rough stretch? Until the Blue Jays series, the Brewers and Dodgers were the only teams in MLB to not get swept this year. That's nuts. We're playing some bad ball. It happens. Saying "they don't want to win" is just stupid.

I know it's the "game thread" and it's for knee jerk reactions, but "they don't want to win" is a false statement, wherever you say it.

Yeah, it's a rough stretch. But to go from one of the best teams in baseball to a team that suddenly can't score runs and is on the verge of losing 7 out of 8 is a bit beyond rough stretch to me.

That said, the team itself doesn't seem to be showing any emotion or frustrations by the losing. Maybe that's a good thing, but I think people just want to see a little fire from the guys once in awhile during the rough times.

Darn. A hit there would have been really nice.

Lucroy with double #31, he's 2 off the Major League lead. 41 extra base hits on the season. That's pretty incredible production for a catcher. 5th in WAR entering the night.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

1000% agreed!

Joey Votto going on the DL. He's been a bust this season. I didn't do so hot drafting him at first, and Segura at shortstop.

The offense put up 7 runs thus far tonight. The only real issue was that Peralta had an absolute stinker tonight. It is a bad stretch but I do not believe this team is not trying or has given up. Like I said earlier, let the bandwagon fans jump ship. We will see them back when the Brewers win a game, heck maybe even tonight.

Yeah, it's a rough stretch. But to go from one of the best teams in baseball to a team that suddenly can't score runs and is on the verge of losing 7 out of 8 is a bit beyond rough stretch to me.

That said, the team itself doesn't seem to be showing any emotion or frustrations by the losing. Maybe that's a good thing, but I think people just want to see a little fire from the guys once in awhile during the rough times.

My point is, unless you're the '27 Yankees, you WILL go through a stretch like this. I don't know what you want to see.....Roenicke on the top step of the dugout, screaming at guys? Would that make you feel better about how things are going? It might, but it certainly won't help the clubhouse. THese guys know what's at stake. To suggest they don't is silly.

1000% agreed!

This is important because nobody ever says it out of frustration or without meaning it for real!

You may run like Mays...

this bad team continues to get worse and no one seems to be concern on the brewers FO . This July is looking a lot like May of last season. I cant wait for this all star break so hopefully this team can reload and add to continue their run to the playoffs

this bad team continues to get worse and no one seems to be concern on the brewers FO . This July is looking a lot like May of last season. I cant wait for this all star break so hopefully this team can reload and add to continue their run to the playoffs

Melvin is on the phones everyday looking for ways to improve the team right now. Trades don't happen overnight.

Props to Lyle Overbay for his walk up music. :)

Ugly at bat by Segura.

I'd like to think that we can come back and win this game...I'm just not feeling it. I hope I'm wrong, but honestly, this game has felt like a loss since about the third inning.

I have a feeling the Brewers will tie it in the 8th, and then in the top of the 9th Rob Wooten will give up a run and that will be the ballgame. It has that feel that no matter what the offense does, it won't be enough.

Kyle Kendrick stands to win the game after giving up 7 ER.. this game is funny.

Not a lot of "they have to sign Segura to a long term extension" posts anymore. I am still a big Segura fan, and love his defense, but he is beyond brutal to watch at the plate right now. Crazy how night and day the first half of 2013 and 2014 have been for him.

Wang? Really? We're down by 2, and we're putting Wang and his near 12 ERA in?

Archived