Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-08 Phillies (Kendrick) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The all-star game cannot come soon enough. Ugh, getting through this weekends games is going to be just awful. Ick. Hopefully this wakes Melvin up to make a couple roster moves. The time is now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This has to be one of the most frustrating games I've watched in awhile. The amount of grounders that found holes, infield singles and whatnot that the Phillies have gotten is just astounding. But that's what happens when you are losing I guess.

It doesn't help that we've just flat out forgotten how to get hits with RISP. The season is slipping away and the team just doesn't seem to be showing any signs of life. How the hell is that possible??

I hate being negative,

Lol

I'm sorry, but that's true. I don't like being negative. Period. And if the Brewers had the discipline my local high school team had, I wouldn't be.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

What are the chances that Jeffress is brought up in the second half. I haven't had a chance to catch him pitching yet as I haven't signed up for milb.com yet. But his stats are looking good at Nashville. He's 4-1 with a 1.72 ERA, 40Ks in 36 IP and a 1.1475 WHIP.

He could be a nice long reliever. Bring him up, put Nelson in the rotation, put Wang on the DL.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Woo hoo, 2 run home run Mark Reynolds! Down by 2. Let's go, Crew!

What are the chances that Jeffress is brought up in the second half. I haven't had a chance to catch him pitching yet as I haven't signed up for milb.com yet. But his stats are looking good at Nashville. He's 4-1 with a 1.72 ERA, 40Ks in 36 IP and a 1.1475 WHIP.

He could be a nice long reliever. Bring him up, put Nelson in the rotation, put Wang on the DL.

Someone else would have to come off the 40-man roster; is Hellweg not on the 60-day DL yet?

I don't know a lot about Eugenio Velez. He's listed as a second baseman at Nashville. Can he play shortstop? Could we bring him up, and send Jean down for a while? Possible?

What about bringing Hermida up for a spell as the 4th outfielder?

Someone else would have to come off the 40-man roster; is Hellweg not on the 60-day DL yet?

If Wang were put on the DL, that would free up a spot for Jeffress, wouldn't it?

Scooter with a single just over Rollins. Brewers showing signs of life.

We need to get this win.

Well that works too...keep playing those OF's so deep. We'll take the bloopers. That one definitely should have been caught.

This seems to be the spot we've really, really struggled lately....driving guys in. Base hit can tie it. Come on Aramis!!!

Hermida also isn't on the 40-man roster.

Hmm. You're right.

I wouldn't feel too badly if Herrera were sent packing. I don't know what he gives the team. Hermida has much more offensive potential.

If Wang were put on the DL, that would free up a spot for Jeffress, wouldn't it?

Scooter with a single just over Rollins. Brewers showing signs of life.

We need to get this win.

I believe only if Wang went to the 60-day DL.

Archived