Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-08 Phillies (Kendrick) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-7]

I don't think this falls on RRR at all, not just this game but even the season if they collapse. Fact of the matter is, he's given the team as constructed by Melvin. The fact that we have that platoon on 1B hurts, that Thornburg and Henderson got hurt wasn't his fault (though you could argue he over-used Thornburg), having Wang in the pen as a basically useless piece unless a blowout (which there really haven't been many of) also isn't his fault. Jean Segura being next-to-useless at the plate also isn't his fault.

He's juggled the lineups and the offense has responded. The team is obviously pressing, and short of a miracle worker, you're not going to get guys out of the mental funks they're in until they have a big win or just start to settle down. It comes down to the players now.

I'm not a huge RRR fan, but every manager is over-scrutinized in this game. No one expected the start the Brewers have had, so he deserves as much credit for that as he does for any downfall. With that in mind, he's earned more time than maybe some around here want to give him.

I would have to agree.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was maddening is our offense showed some signs of life and then Wily imploded. :( Man, we get a slam and then give up that lead in the very next inning. Hopefully our bats are coming back and Lohse will pitch well tonight. A big win might be just the elixir this team needs to get out of this funk.

Tough loss last night, but when your starting pitcher is so unexpectedly terrible for one game, what else are you going to do? The kicker is that the Overbay grand slam seemed like it was setting up the Brewers for a big "resurgence" win.

Really don't see blaming this one on Roenicke, but some are always going to point fingers at the manager.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I dont blame RR just that maybe you go to Gorzo a bit quicker. This team just is playing bad ball and hopefully won't have a Month like May of last year.What i did like was the Scoter showed to be a team player playing RF last night.

Archived