Brewer Fanatic

Prince Fielder Bares all....

I stumbled across a discussion about Major League players not being as athletic as some other sports, and saw Prince's pictures (well, one of them) for the first time last night. My God, I think one of his legs are as big as all of me put together. His calf muscles are huge.

And yes, they have been pretty rough on Prince down here. I live about 20 minutes from the Ballpark In Arlington. That's what Ranger fans, well, Dallas area sports fans in general, like to do. They swear they are the best sports fans in America, but nobody will jump on one of their players, or former players faster than the fans down here. When Josh Hamilton went to the Angels, some of the stuff I read online was shocking. When Kinsler left Texas, and went to the Tigers, again, some of the "fans" were ripping him a new one. But Prince has gotten some of the worst. It cracked me up and made me angry at the same time when they claimed he was lazy. A few actually said that he took days off because he was too fat. How many 160 game seasons did he have in a row? My God, he's missed 13 games in 8 years.

They're awful down here. Dallas area sports fans are the very definition of fair weather fans. When Prince starts hitting home runs, though, they'll love him.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Good for Prince. If I looked like that I'd be proud of myself.

How easy would it be for a guy of his build to baloon up and be 310 or 320? I think he should be proud of his physique as well. Dude is built like a tank. I imagine it's taken a lot of work to keep his weight down and even drop some weight coming into this year.

I do have to say, and this is a little off topic, he always annoyed the hell outta me with his "hold me back," type of confrontations. Those where he would start yelling only when there were guys there to hold him back, would never do anything. Kinda like stomping over to the Dodgers dugout. But I digress.

One guy who would be impressive in here is Gomez. He's built. Rickie would as well as he's built like a big NFL RB, but he's not as cut up as he used to be.

We have the luxury of being familiar with Prince's genetics. The fact that he has kept his body fat low is a testement to his hard work, which is why I said good for him. Its really impressive to me.

I agree about the hold me back type stuff. The crazy thing is, I have no doubt how dangerous he would be if he actually wanted to fight someone. Look what he did to that Giants catcher a couple years back.

Braun or Gomez would be impressive. Weeks was starting to look like Gabe Kappler a few years ago. He almost moved past RB type body towards LB or SS.

That's what Ranger fans, well, Dallas area sports fans in general, like to do. They swear they are the best sports fans in America, but nobody will jump on one of their players, or former players faster than the fans down here. When Josh Hamilton went to the Angels, some of the stuff I read online was shocking. When Kinsler left Texas, and went to the Tigers, again, some of the "fans" were ripping him a new one. But Prince has gotten some of the worst. It cracked me up and made me angry at the same time when they claimed he was lazy. A few actually said that he took days off because he was too fat. How many 160 game seasons did he have in a row? My God, he's missed 13 games in 8 years.

They're awful down here. Dallas area sports fans are the very definition of fair weather fans. When Prince starts hitting home runs, though, they'll love him.

I live in Ft. Worth and can confirm that this is 100% accurate and free of hyperbole. I moved here in 2003 and you'd have never guessed they had an MLB team, though multiple idiots were willing to argue with me that Quincy Carter was better than Brett Favre. Josh Hamilton was the greatest, purest human to have ever lived until he signed with LA, when he became a washed-up dragon-chasing heroin junkie and they all claimed to have hated him all along and were completely elated that he was finally gone.

Archived