Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-07 Phillies (Hamels) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am so sick of these guys refusing to play baseball. What are you diong Lucroy, just groundout to the 2nd baseman or bunt. RRR and the coaches straight up dont care. I would have been benched for that garbage in high school, but in the majors no one cares

Stop calling it a baserunning mistake (which it was) but that is on Lucroy for a horrible roll over groundout

Do you really trust Gomez to get the run in there?

I sure don't. You let your best hitter hit in that situation.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

They simply don't deserve to win. And they won't. To be honest, I'm ok with that. This crap has become more than pathetic.

Swing harder Gomez. Maybe you'll foul it off next time. Brutal stuff.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Respect level jumped up quite a bit right there with Braun. One thing I will never do is take for granted how great of a hitter I get to watch every game.

I hate reading all the BS spewed about Ryan Braun now. People make it sound like Braun was never any good, that he's only been an All Star, and an MVP, because he's been taking steroids. They don't watch him on a daily basis, so they have no idea how incredible a baseball player he really is.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

What's that line from "the Dark Knight Rises" about how it's the slow knife, the knife that takes its time, the knife that waits years without forgetting , then slips quietly between the bones?

That's the Brewers.

They might occasionally get your hopes up, but eventually, they screw it up somehow. They may be the first team in the Majors to get to 50 wins, giving their entire fan base the illusion that they could make a run at the World Series. Then something like Marco Estrada happens. No matter how badly he pitches, no matter how many home runs he gives up, no matter how painfully obvious it is to every person that holds the Brewers close to their heart, the only people that don't get it are the two men with the power to make a change, and take him out of the rotation. The slow knife. This goes on while Doug Melvin's inept bench slowly kills us. A bunch so devoid of talent. A collection of has beens and never beens that are warm bodies, nothing more. The Jeff Bianchis, the Lyle Overbays, the Yuni Betancourts, the Elian Herreras. The slow knife. Having 1/25th of our active roster wasted on a guy that may someday do something to help this franchise, but is completely useless now, giving us 15 innings in 86 games in a mop up role only. The slow knife. Slowly our lead slips away as our batters go up there game after game, week after week, hacking away, showing a lack of discipline that is so completely foreign to the other teams in the Majors. The slow knife that we are forced to watch as our lead, and our hopes, slowly slip away.

Just came to the party, thanks for bumming me out...

Entertaining post man, and has some validity for sure.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Respect level jumped up quite a bit right there with Braun. One thing I will never do is take for granted how great of a hitter I get to watch every game.

He can still hit even when he is in pain. I wish people could see the effort he put in tonight. Ya, he did peds but he did his time. I almost wish the team would rest him for the break so he can get healthy. Regardless of what people say, he is a special player.

Stop calling it a baserunning mistake (which it was) but that is on Lucroy for a horrible roll over groundout

Schafer didn't have to go.

Another elementary school mistake.... hard groundball hit to short you never break for third. Common sense. We don't deserve to be in first

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

RRR will comment in his presser how Marco's stuff was "kinda off" but he got out of a bases loaded jam so hes "our guy" going forward

Why can't we ever have a ballsy manager who doesn't kiss his players' wounds and tell them everything will be all right?

We did, his name was Ken Macha...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

He certainly shouldn't have gone......however I do agree that Luc has to do a better job of advancing the runner. He needs to do whatever he can to hit the ball the other way.

This team is so incredibly frustrating.

Gomez will never figure it out. The last thing he needs to enter a home run derby.

Why didn't RR PH Scooter for Weeks?

Archived