Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Mon. 7/7 - Jimmy Nelson vs. Cardinals' farmhands, bring it on!

Joantgel Segovia is hitting .417 through 23 games which is fantastic. However his SLG is lower than his OBP so his OPS was still sub .900 coming into the game, not that the .886 OPS coming into the game was a problem but with a .385 AVE at the time it's nearly impossible not to have a .900 OPS. He has just 3 XBH out of his (now) 40 hits... but he's listed at 6' 1" and 175lbs. There's likely room on that frame to fill out some and find power as he progresses, as it stands his hit tool appears to be extremely exciting.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: @AZL Giants, AZL Brewers 3

Maryvale Box Score

Brewers gave up a single run in six different innings, including the first four, although two were unearned. Still not quite 19 years old, Louisiana high school 6th round RHP David Burkhalter made his first pro start.

Tough debut for Connor Narron, discussed above, 0-for-3 (two K's, GIDP) and two passed balls and an error.

19-year-old 3rd-year pro 1B Juan Ortiz was 2-for-4 with two RBI. At 6'1", 175, the LH bat doesn't profile size-wise, and he's walked only once in 45 AB's thus far.

Day off for SS Jake Gatewood...

Maryvale Game Log

Things still a bit uneven for Tommy John rehabbing RHP Seth Harvey --

AZL Giants Bottom of the 7th

Defensive Substitution: Matt Martin replaces catcher Connor Narron, batting 5th, playing catcher.

Pitching Change: Seth Harvey replaces Joshua Torres.

Rodney Price hit by pitch.

Jonah Arenado strikes out swinging.

Chase Compton doubles (1) on a line drive to left fielder Carlos Belonis. Rodney Price to 3rd.

With Carlos Cartagena batting, wild pitch by Seth Harvey, Rodney Price scores. Chase Compton to 3rd.

Carlos Cartagena strikes out swinging.

Rene Melendez flies out to right fielder Yunior Santana.

In three mound appearances, converted OF Max Walla has been effective --

AZL Giants Bottom of the 8th

Pitching Change: Max Walla replaces Seth Harvey.

Evan Potter strikes out swinging.

Brennan Metzger grounds out, second baseman Daniel Leonardo to first baseman Juan Ortiz.

Randy Ortiz grounds out, pitcher Max Walla to first baseman Juan Ortiz.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nashville --

Shortstop Hector Gomez, who went 2-for-4 to extend his season-best hitting streak to seven games, broke up a scoreless deadlock in the top of the sixth when his one-out RBI single followed Elian Herrera's hustle double on a ball up the middle. Gomez is batting .433 (13-for-30) over his hit streak.

AUDIO: Hector Gomez Go-Ahead RBI Single

Xavier Scruggs led off the Memphis ninth with a single and advanced to second when Greg Garcia laid down a bunt that was mishandled by first baseman Matt Clark, allowing both runners to remain safe on the play. Pinch-hitter Jermaine Curtis followed with a ground ball deep in the hole at second base, where Pete Orr attempted to make a play at the plate but his throw was late as Scruggs hustled in with the tying run. After an Audry Perez grounder erased Garcia at the plate, Luis Mateo ended the game with an RBI infield single that gave Memphis a 2-1 win.

AUDIO: Redbirds Win In Ninth (Sigh...)

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Brevard County --

AUDIO: Manatees Video Coordinator Ross Pruitt joins the Manatees Pregame Show -- interesting...

AUDIO: LHP Trevor Seidenberger joins Justin Rocke on the Manatees Pregame Show

Seidenburger learned about his recent promotion as he exited WalMart...

AUDIO, Game Highlights: Clearwater defeats the 'Tees in a game that had to be played over two days thanks to rain

AUDIO, Game Highlights: In a game that features five ejections, Clearwater defeats Brevard County, 7-3

More Brevard --

VIDEO: RHP Chad Pierce discusses working with the area kids

MiLB.com feature: The Phillies #1 pick dominates the 'Tees in Game One

Nelson goes 7 innings giving up no runs, 4 hits, and 2 BB with 4 k's. I cannot wait until he is past his super 2 status

I don't think Super 2 is a consideration at all. I don't believe (may be wrong) that September call-up time counts against that clock for arbitration purposes. Even if so, that threshold has long past.

it does count, and to avoid Super 2 his call up date would be shortly after the allstar game

viewtopic.php?p=902817#p902817

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Being semi-facetious, but Donovan Hand may single-handedly convince Nashville to look elsewhere for a stadium partner.

EDIT: Oh wait, he's an All-Star :embarrassed .

I thought for sure Jeffress was going to come into the game in the ninth especially when Hand struggled in the eighth. How exactly is Hand an All-star? Was he a fan vote? It's not too often you see a guy with an ERA 5+ get an all star nod. Jeffress was more deserving in my opinion.

Nelson goes 7 innings giving up no runs, 4 hits, and 2 BB with 4 k's. I cannot wait until he is past his super 2 status

I don't think Super 2 is a consideration at all. I don't believe (may be wrong) that September call-up time counts against that clock for arbitration purposes. Even if so, that threshold has long past.

it does count, and to avoid Super 2 his call up date would be shortly after the allstar game

viewtopic.php?p=902817#p902817

Can't wait for Downhill Thunder to arrive in Milwaukee. Nice recognition here as well:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mil/mookie-betts-kris-bryant-highlight-first-half-all-prospect-team?ymd=20140708&content_id=83490118&vkey=news_mil

Archived