Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-06 Brewers (Gallardo) at Reds (Latos), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gee, Segura hits a weak grounder to short. Who would've thought?

DFA Segura, Clearly Bianchi/Prince/Herrera can do better!

Go ahead you're essentially asking for that with any kind of displeasure with Segura

That's not what he said at all. He was expressing frustration, not being over the top.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

A very frustrating loss. I just wish we had a manager or hitting coach that had a clue about situational hitting. I hate the "swing as hard as you can at the first pitch you see" approach.

That would have been a big win. It's not a big loss. 4 games at home against a bad club coming up and then 3 at home v the Cards. The Brewers have split 3 games with the Cards so they haven't really been owned this year. They're still in better shape than the other guys.

Gee, Segura hits a weak grounder to short. Who would've thought?

DFA Segura, Clearly Bianchi/Prince/Herrera can do better!

Go ahead you're essentially asking for that with any kind of displeasure with Segura

That's not what he said at all. He was expressing frustration, not being over the top.

Well, Just giving him something to chew on. He's are SS for the minimum of the next 2 seasons barring being traded away for some other SS. There isn't anyone remotely close to his talent to replace him. I'm just done with posters continuing to talk down about him when he's far and away the best we have to put out there.

brewcrewdue80, I think you really need to recognize the context here. Adambr2 didn't do anything but express frustration.

I understand yours, but no need to take it out on him, ad-hominem style. He's a smart poster & is fully aware of our organizational depth (or lack thereof) at the top levels at SS.

brewcrewdue80, I think you really need to recognize the context here. Adambr2 didn't do anything but express frustration.

I understand yours, but no need to take it out on him, ad-hominem style. He's a smart poster & is fully aware of our organizational depth (or lack thereof) at the top levels at SS.

Got it TLB. My frustration there wasn't full on target to Adambr2 but for all those that post their comments that are negative towards Segura. I just don't get posting it when the any of the next options aren't worth a lick compared to Segura. Now, posting negatives towards Overbay,Reynolds,Weeks, Gennett, even Schafer or the bullpen guys Kintzler,Wooten I can at least be on board with since there are alternatives to at least argue potentially better options.

I agree with you that the best option regarding SS is to let Segura continue to play as the first choice. I think at this point I might (if I were manager) give him a couple games off in a row as more of a mental break than anything else.

He just looks completely stuck in bad habits at the plate right now... isn't really changing his approach & not surprisingly the results aren't changing.

The Brewers just can't hit good pitching. It's not just the Reds. It's the nationals, braves, Blue Jays, Cardinals.

Or, they just can't take better approaches at the plate vs. good pitching. Swinging constantly at 1st pitches, pull the ball swings vs. going up the middle or opposite field.

It'd be nice if for a full series vs. Cincy or StL they never swung at the first pitch just to give them something else to consider the rest of the season when facing the Brewers. And then attacking hittable pitches the following series.

What's the going rate on Strikes anyway? 65%? So at least 1/3 of the time they have the count in their favor with that approach.

Brewcrewdue80, I definitely never said we have a better option than Segura. We don't, and Bianchi definitely shouldn't start over him.

I'm a big fan of Segura -- I own a Segura jersey and loved him coming up. I am frustrated that our SS of the future who looked like a perennial All-Star a year ago is OPS'ing less than .590. That's not an acceptable offensive level for an everyday starter and it's been going on for more than a year now.

Of course the Brewers, with such a RH-heavy lineup, struggle against tough RHP.

Smith leads the league in appearances, and I don't think it is coincidental that he has struggled the last 5 weeks.

But hey, we are carrying Wang on our roster under the assumption he might be something down the road! Genius! It's not like that roster spot could be taken up by somebody that could actually help us while we are in first place, trying to get to the playoffs! No! Let's keep the human punching bag in there for those days we get blown out! Genius!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived