Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-06 Brewers (Gallardo) at Reds (Latos), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Ramirez thinks he might be going to second then he should go hard into first.

GREAT point, kind of like yesterday when he went for home, semi jogging into 3rd, then thinks he can score...

He is a dog on the bases.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Preach a culture of being overly aggressive, and your players aren't going to draw a line in the sand. If they're in doubt, they'll be aggressive, even to the point of being stupid.

It's common knowledge that the way to beat the Reds is to make the starting pitcher throw a lot of pitches and get into their bullpen. What is our strategy? Swing at anything within 6 inches of the strike zone. We will never beat the Reds consistently as long as Roenicke and Narron are in charge of the offense.

hopefully the pirates/cards can take out the reds because clearly they're better than us.

Huh? You mean the team with 2 players batting over .275? Their team ERA is 3.49 ours is 3.62. Both teams have 57 quality starts.

What is with the negativity? The reds are not better than us. Sure in a 3 game stretch at their park, they have played slightly better but the scores have been 4-2, 1-0 and now 2-0 ... Yep - clearly better than us

hopefully the pirates/cards can take out the reds because clearly they're better than us.

Huh? You mean the team with 2 players batting over .275? Their team ERA is 3.49 ours is 3.62. Both teams have 57 quality starts.

What is with the negativity? The reds are not better than us. Sure in a 3 game stretch at their park, they have played slightly better but the scores have been 4-2, 1-0 and now 2-0 ... Yep - clearly better than us

The reds have two aces and a great staff overall. When both offenses are healthy we have a slight edge as with the bullpen. The defense they have the obvious edge. The difference in the quality of the top two pitchers in the rotation makes them a better team IMO.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I get why pitchers don't always go 100% on groundballs to first. I even get Ramirez, to a point. He's got knee issues and he plays everyday. At his age and with as much as he plays, he can't go all out all the time.

But Segura? You're 24 and you're a big time speed threat on the bases when you get on. Even a slight bobble and you should be able to reach. You're OPS'ing under .600. It's ridiculous that we should ever see you jogging down the line.

Schafer reminds me of Gomez 2-3 years ago in a lot of ways. He's so fast and great at playing anywhere in the OF... if he could just get on base a little more he would be a starting-level player. I hope he figures it out before he leaves the Brewers.

Archived