Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-06 Brewers (Gallardo) at Reds (Latos), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 6 | 12:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (52-36) | Reds (44-42)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-13.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/reds/latos-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]5-5, 3.51 ERA, 1.24 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Gallardo allowed only three earned runs in 27 innings over four starts before struggling against the Rockies (eight runs, five earned, on a season-high 10 hits). For the first time in weeks, he couldn't command his curveball.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]1-1, 2.45 ERA, 0.82 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Latos and Sam LeCure combined on a one-hitter against the Padres, but the Reds still took a 1-0 loss Monday. Latos regretted a leadoff walk in the fifth to Tommy Medica, who was able to score the lone run without a hit in the inning.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. CF Carlos Gomez
  5. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  6. LF Khris Davis
  7. 1B Lyle Overbay
  8. RF Logan Schafer
  9. P Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Billy Hamilton
  2. 1B Todd Frazier
  3. 2B Brandon Phillips
  4. RF Jay Bruce
  5. LF Ryan Ludwick
  6. C Devin Mesoraco
  7. SS Zack Cozart
  8. 3B Ramon Santiago
  9. P Mat Latos

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't we hit our best hitters all in a row?

Why do we need to bump up a crappy hitter to the #2 hole when Braun is out?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Would be a huge win, hope they can crack latos today!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

yeah the segura in the 2 hole makes zero sense... especially with a great right handed pitcher on the mound. Good lord his WAR is 0 now.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Hopefully we'll get one good half out of Segura. It'd be great if he figured it out and got out of his sophomore slump.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

looks like its gonna be a long day...gallardo has been solid but getting an actual "ace" would be nice
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Gallardo shouldn't be picked up solely because he's never been able to even compete with Cincy and STL. He's atrocious against them and it has hurt us over the years not being able to depend on him when it matters. To me, use the $13 mil elsewhere.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brandon Phillips is fun to watch. Second base version of Go Go defensively.

Archived