Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-05 Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Bailey), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0; CGSO for Garza]

Any chance we could get McGehee? He could take Overbays spot as he hits RHP this season at a .330 mark. Plus spell Ramirez at 3B an would be an upgrade on the bench.

There was a time I would have laughed at this proposal, but now, I think it would make us better than we are now...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Any chance we could get McGehee? He could take Overbays spot as he hits RHP this season at a .330 mark. Plus spell Ramirez at 3B an would be an upgrade on the bench.

There was a time I would have laughed at this proposal, but now, I think it would make us better than we are now...

I think up until this past month or two we all would have laughed. It would be cool to

see a fan favorite comeback and do well for us. Overbay has been serviceable, McGehee has been real good.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Complete game!!!! Wooohoooooo....

Lead back up to 5! Sure would be nice to get outta Cincy with a series win.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Did I just hear Augie add the "ing" at the end of Breaking ball? I wonder if someone finally told him it isn't a breakaball, but a breakING ball?
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Did I just hear Augie add the "ing" at the end of Breaking ball? I wonder if someone finally told him it isn't a breakaball, but a breakING ball?

Nooooo. I like hearing him talking about dat breakkaball right der

Formerly AirShuttle6104

1) Joey Votto can't even stand in the batters box, it's amazing he's playing.

2) Why don't we bunt the ball to first base and make him run?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The old 4 am start time (Australia) was a bit early. But I caught the last inning upon wakey.

Garza throwing 94 in the bottom of the 9th. Cool.

If Aram was slowing up heading into third (before being sent home) - that is Aram's fault. Or if I am third base coach I am screaming at him go-go-go even as he is rounding 2nd. Because both outs at home were 100% (in my opinion) to send the guys. Note that the Cards lost today because they could not defensively complete the same play the Reds did twice.

My feeling is this win today was very huge in the year scheme of things.

Ive been on Garza's case most of the season saying I don't think we got our money's worth yet, however I gotta give credit where its due. Matt pitched a hell of a game today and saved the already overworked bullpen as well
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Garza for President! Cast your vote today!

I'd take wang for president these days......

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Archived