Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-05 Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Bailey), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0; CGSO for Garza]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 5 | 3:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (51-36) | Reds (44-41)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/garza-05.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/reds/bailey-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]5-5, 4.10 ERA, 1.28 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Garza likes to remain on a regular five-day schedule but will be working with two extra days of rest for this start because of a pair of Brewers off-days. He has pitched into the seventh inning of four straight starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]8-4, 4.39 ERA, 1.35 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Bailey flirted with notching a third career no-hitter during Sunday's 4-0 win over the Giants. The bid ended on a Buster Posey two-out single in the seventh inning.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett
  2. RF Ryan Braun
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. CF Carlos Gomez
  5. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  6. LF Khris Davis
  7. 1B Mark Reynolds
  8. SS Jean Segura
  9. P Matt Garza

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Billy Hamilton
  2. 3B Todd Frazier
  3. 1B Joey Votto
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips
  5. RF Jay Bruce
  6. C Devin Mesoraco
  7. LF Skip Schumaker
  8. SS Zack Cozart
  9. P Homer Bailey

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Ugh... Braun. Gonna be a very annoying rest of his contract as he is basically an average defending slap hitter now a days. That contract looking worse and worse. Dangit
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Thank you Marlins. Now win this game Crew!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm more worried about the Reds than the Cardinals at this point. I wish we could beat the Reds once in awhile.

I can't blame them for sending runners in this game, we need any runs we can get.

Man it looks like he slid under the tag.

Side note: I hate the new home plate collision rule. You can't block the plate, unless this happens, then you can, but you usually can't. So annoying.

You gotta' take chances on the bases in those situations, I guess. I say that especially when you have Logan Schafer on deck. Give the Reds some credit for good defense on those plays at the plate.

I'm more worried about the Reds than the Cardinals at this point. I wish we could beat the Reds once in awhile.

Pirates playing pretty good ball lately too. Four team race for two spots will make for a fun couple months.

Nothing wrong with sending either guy. Sometimes chances don't work. Two perfect throws gets ya. Tip the cap to the Reds for making plays. It happens.

Ramirez sent with a .210 hitter coming up. Reynolds sent with .180 hitter coming up. I'll take our chances sending them.

Nice outing by Garza. Pitching really well today.

Any chance we could get McGehee? He could take Overbays spot as he hits RHP this season at a .330 mark. Plus spell Ramirez at 3B an would be an upgrade on the bench.

Nothing wrong with sending either guy. Sometimes chances don't work. Two perfect throws gets ya. Tip the cap to the Reds for making plays. It happens.

Except Ramirez was just cruising into 3rd base, actually slowing, then Sedar sends him and he has to try to garner some speed again (which he has none to begin with). Sending Ramirez was dumb, he is gimpy, slow and was already slowing down on his way into 3rd base. That is a lot to go wrong... Reynolds I can understand, but damn is he slow...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived