Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015 (part 1)

homer
not at all, they are trying to win games. Its a new ownership that needs to get community support for a new arena, I don't think the bucks have any interest in tanking this season

Seems to me that they'd be OK with moving the team if the city doesn't step up. They'll make a good faith effort because they agreed to but I don't think they're feeling any pressure.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not at all, they are trying to win games. Its a new ownership that needs to get community support for a new arena, I don't think the bucks have any interest in tanking this season

Seems to me that they'd be OK with moving the team if the city doesn't step up. They'll make a good faith effort because they agreed to but I don't think they're feeling any pressure.

Uhh, the NBA buys back the team from them if they don't get it done for little if any profit. They have every reason to get a deal done because they won't have a team if they don't.

Uhh, the NBA buys back the team from them if they don't get it done for little if any profit. They have every reason to get a deal done because they won't have a team if they don't.

Thanks for the info, I missed that.

However, based on what I'm reading this is only a buy back option. I think it's more likely that this was included to allow kohl to cement his Wisconsin sports/loyalty legacy than it is to ever be exercised.

From new ownership perspective, worst case is they get paid $25 million for their trouble (admittedly a small sum for them). Better case they get a new arena in Milwaukee.

I could foresee a scenario in which they put forth a good faith effort, Milwaukee can't work it out, the league allows them to keep the team (maybe with a "small" settlement fee), and they bounce to a place like Seattle. I can't imagine they'd be sad about that.

Admittedly this is speculation on my part but it makes sense to me. That's where I was coming from with my original statement.

There is no doubt in my mind an arena gets built, the only question is where. Kohl is not as stupid as people make him out to be. These guys are locked in to Milwaukee... even if they wanted to move, they couldn't. Predictably, some state legislators are already trying to use this situation for political gain, but they're not going to be able to sabotage things.

However, based on what I'm reading this is only a buy back option. I think it's more likely that this was included to allow kohl to cement his Wisconsin sports/loyalty legacy than it is to ever be exercised.

From new ownership perspective, worst case is they get paid $25 million for their trouble (admittedly a small sum for them). Better case they get a new arena in Milwaukee.

I could foresee a scenario in which they put forth a good faith effort, Milwaukee can't work it out, the league allows them to keep the team (maybe with a "small" settlement fee), and they bounce to a place like Seattle. I can't imagine they'd be sad about that.

Admittedly this is speculation on my part but it makes sense to me. That's where I was coming from with my original statement.

Seriously, you're just making stuff up.

If no arena gets built, the NBA has the option to buy back the team for 25 million more than the sale price.

There is no way the other 29 owners are going to turn down their share of a 500 million dollar profit (if they turned and sold the team to a different ownership group in Seattle for 1B) in order to let these current owners keep the team AND move it.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Seriously, you're just making stuff up.

If no arena gets built, the NBA has the option to buy back the team for 25 million more than the sale price.

There is no way the other 29 owners are going to turn down their share of a 500 million dollar profit (if they turned and sold the team to a different ownership group in Seattle for 1B) in order to let these current owners keep the team AND move it.

True, it is speculation. I expect a stadium to be built as well.

if the NBA buys the bucks back and sells them to the highest bidder, the only winners are the other NBA owners as they would all get 1/29th of atleast a billion and probably much more than that.

Its still to Edens and Lasry's interest to get this done though.

if the NBA buys the bucks back and sells them to the highest bidder, the only winners are the other NBA owners as they would all get 1/29th of atleast a billion and probably much more than that.

Its still to Edens and Lasry's interest to get this done though.

Let's not forget that they've brought in many local investors into their ownership group as well. I believe they really are sincere in wanting to keep the team in Milwaukee.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Anyone else curious as to why Jason Kidd doesn't play Henson at all? Youth movement, he is suppose to be part of our future...i am confused. Also can Ersan please just go already. Him and Dudley really have offered nothing except for experience.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Henson's minutes are odd but this is his third coach and they have all done the same thing so in this case I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to Kidd and Henson is the one that needs to improve or make adjustments to his game or work ethic.

I like Kidd's rotations. Part of it is back/back games, and handing out playing time accordingly. He also will go with the hot hand, which I really like. If Irsan is off, he doesn't play much. When he is on like last night, he rolls with it.

An NBA team can win a lot of games just by showing up to play on both ends of the court every night. We saw that early on in the Skiles regime, now we'll see how long Kidd can get them to play hard every night- especially on the defensive end. They sure need work in how to close out games, which is to be expected a I guess. But yea, 6-5..... that's exceeding expectations so far.

I think Kidd is still feeling things out...Parker at 24mpg should normalize up into the low 30s, Sanders likewise at some point. Can't argue with 6-5 though, been a long time since we've been relevant.

Last year was definitely worth it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
7 - 5, and winning games, certainly exceeding expectations in the W/L column, but like everyone else, I'm puzzled by the minutes distribution. Of course there could be things we're not seeing in practice and such that could be indicating why Henson and Middleton aren't seeing the floor. Of course they're putting W's on the board so it's hard to complain much. Giannis is developing some offensive game, which is really nice to see.

Giannis playing a ton of minutes is really nice to see. With the progression of Knight and Giannis this year the future is looking really bright and they are already winning games. Knight, Parker, and Giannis looks to be an outstanding core. Sanders is a serviceable Center. Wither Parker/Giannis manning the 3/4 spots; all Kidd and Hammond have to do is figure out who should be that 2 guard. Personally I think it should be Middleton although he takes some poor shots every once in a while. Dudley hasn't done squat and Mayo has been perfect off the bench. Of all the guys who have played I think Ersan and Dudley should be those 10th and 11th guys.

I don't think anyone could have honestly expected this start to the season; they will go through some growing pains but it looks like this team is closer to competing than anyone though. They won't challenge Chicago or Cleveland in the East but maybe in a couple years they can.

Giannis playing a ton of minutes is really nice to see. With the progression of Knight and Giannis this year the future is looking really bright and they are already winning games. Knight, Parker, and Giannis looks to be an outstanding core. Sanders is a serviceable Center. Wither Parker/Giannis manning the 3/4 spots; all Kidd and Hammond have to do is figure out who should be that 2 guard. Personally I think it should be Middleton although he takes some poor shots every once in a while. Dudley hasn't done squat and Mayo has been perfect off the bench. Of all the guys who have played I think Ersan and Dudley should be those 10th and 11th guys.

I don't think anyone could have honestly expected this start to the season; they will go through some growing pains but it looks like this team is closer to competing than anyone though. They won't challenge Chicago or Cleveland in the East but maybe in a couple years they can.

I'm out on Knight for the future. Can't stand his shot selection.

As of today, I agree with you. I also don't like how all too often he will kill the movement of the offense by standing and pounding the ball- especially late in games. But there's 70 games to go. Sometimes I forget how young he is too. Look at Giannis, his shot selection is getting better seemingly every game. This will play itself out, and I'm sure by the end of the year Kidd will know if he is the answer at PG or not.

It's amazing what showing up every night and playing as a team will do to the win column in the NBA. This team needs a true PG, shooters, and an offensive presence in the post- yet they find ways to win.

He's still very young and raw as a player too. Also keep in mind the Bucks have been devoid of a #1 (or a #2 by most team standards) scoring option, and he is the most talented scorer we have had. He's probably told to create shots for himself. Hopefully Jabari/Mayo/Giannis will help shoulder the burden as time goes on.

For cryin' out loud, Knight is 22 years old. You can't expect him to have the decision-making ability of a 29-year-old veteran.

Giannis - 19

Henson - 23

Knight - 22

Middleton - 23

Parker - 19

Sanders - 25

The core of this team isn't anywhere near their peak.

Archived