Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015 (part 1)

homer
  • Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bucks have a bunch of bigs, so I don't mind passing on Adrien. I believe their 2 biggest needs going into free agency was a PG and a scorer 2 or 3. They haven't taken care of either so far, so I am fine with letting another PF go. With Parker slated to get a lot of minutes at the 4 and Henson backing up, combined with the large number of other bigs; Zaza, Irsan, Larry, Radulija and the non guaranteed contract of Wright.

I was impressed by his work but they have a roster than is heavy on 3-5's and light on guards.

Yea, I get it. In the great scheme of things, who cares. OBryant looks like he'll make the roster and get some minutes too. But I do think Adrien could have been a piece (small piece) of the puzzle for the next 3-5 years. I really hope they don't keep Wright, I just don't see it.

Adrien is a tough guy but to say he could be a part of the puzzle for next 3-5 years is very iffy. There is a reason he has bounced around, and been a D-League guy. I think they see O'Bryant being an upgrade over him. Johnny O may not be as mean inside rebounding but offensively O'Bryant can score and make some plays....Adrien can make some lay-ups. He is a guy who really wouldn't see much court time if the Bucks put up a none record setting- losing team. He played a lot on an injured, beat-up, awful team.

On summer team Giannis, Parker, and Nate are only three who 100% deserve and need a roster spot. O'Bryant is only other one who I think is an NBA caliber player on the team. I think he will make the 12 man roster. Really they are terrible, just brutal as a team. Giannis and Parker try to do everything because they NEED to....almost no one outside of Nate and O'Bryant offer really anything. Wright can dunk but thats about it

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

It's so exciting that we have 2 young studs to look forward to watching next year, not just 1 but 2 of the best young players in the league. I also really like the Marshall signing. This team is going to be 10x more fun to watch next year.

They will still be lucky to win 35 games but I agree that the lineup is much more exciting; especially if they give Giannis some more freedom. If Sanders can return to his 2012-2013 form the team could be really fun.

I wouldn't mind if they gave Marshall the PG spot; he is better suited for the PG spot than Knight is. If you could play Knight, Marshall, Giannis, Parker, and Sanders/Henson together that could be pretty fun in time.

With the pickup of Marshall whom I like a lot, the signing of Bayless makes little sense and the Bucks now have too many players. I'm very concerned about our young players playing time with all the higher paid veterans hanging around. Really hope we can trade away Zaza, Ersan and Delfino for picks.

I want the young players playing all the games, develop their game and build team chemistry.

Marshall / Wolters / Knight

Knight / Mayo / Bayless

Giannis / Middleton / Inglis

Parker / O'Bryant / Inglis

Sanders / Henson / Miroslav

The entire team 26 and under.

the only person that has said that he has signed with the bucks is Bayless, The signing always made little sense since he and Knight are similar PG/SG combo players but Jerydd is a worse shooter. I was OK with the signing before getting Marshall since they needed another guard on the roster, now I hope the bucks have backed away from this signing.

Love the Marshall signing! He plays a lot like Kidd actually so I don't think he could find a better coach to thrive under! It's not like he was some scrub either. He had a rough start but he was a very good prospect coming out UNC

So here is a look at what I see for the roster right now. There are 15 people who I think are worth making the team. (Not Sold on Wright making it unless some moves are made to open a spot) A lot of flexibility. I prefer Sanders, Henson, Giannis, Parker, Knight, Middleton, Inglis, Marshall, and Wolters (maybe O'Bryant) to be pieces that all stay in place this season. Pachulia, Ersan, Mayo, Delfino are all expendable its just to bad they all killed their value last season.

C L. Sanders

Z. Paculia

C/PF

J. Henson

J. O'Bryant

Stretch 4 (PF/SF)

Jabari Parker

Ersan Illasovia

PF-SF-SG

G. Antetokoumpo

D. Inglis

SF/SG

Khris Middleton

Carlos Delfino

SG

OJ Mayo

Combo Guards (SG/PG)

B. Knight

J. Bayliss

N. Wolters

PG

K. Marshall

That looks about right. I am not so sure Wolters makes the team anymore with Knight, Marshall, and Bayliss on board. I am guessing he is gone unless Mayo or Delfino are gone. Even if is one the team he and Inglis would be the end of the bench.

My vote for a starting lineup would be Marshall, Knight, Giannis, Parker, and Sanders. Henson, Middleton, Bayliss, Zaza, and Ersan are the main contributors off the bench. Delfino is the wildcard; if he comes back healthy he is a shooter that the team really needs so he would surely fit in the rotation.

I wouldn't mind playing OJ quite a bit in the first 30-40 games to see if we can flip him. Maybe we regains some value. If not, that should help the Bucks at least gain some lottery balls.

Why are people so down on Mayo? He's only 26 and had mono or some similar type of virus last year which sapped his strength, and likely had it for a little while before he went on the injured list. That's something that takes a while to recover from.

Why are people so down on Mayo? He's only 26 and had mono or some similar type of virus last year which sapped his strength, and likely had it for a little while before he went on the injured list. That's something that takes a while to recover from.

If he had Mono, he wouldn't have been 25 lbs overweight.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/03/25/rudy-gay-pretty-much-called-o-j-mayo-fat

Numerous opposing announcers said the same thing about him too.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Mayo, Ersan, Delfino all need to play and play well to boost their market back up. Not very much we can get right now for them

Mayo, Ersan, Delfino all need to play and play well to boost their market back up. Not very much we can get right now for them

Also, all 3 can add value if their mind is right (Mayo) or shot is right (Ersan, Delfino.) But yea, if they don't play well we're stuck with a high-priced player that doesn't help win games. Actually, I can live with Irsan and Delfino. They will bring something to the table at least. If Mayo doesn't show up ready to play, that's a huge contract providing nothing. Like Sanders last year and Gooden for 17 years prior.

Like Sanders last year and Gooden for 17 years prior.

Amazingly Gooden for this year as well. They can stop paying him next year though.

the top thing that has impressed me about this ownership group is that they didn't do anything dumb like throwing money after drew gooden or bobby simmons to try to move up to the final playoff spot in order to help create support for the arena. This team will probably be not that good next year, but much better than this year obviously.

Like Sanders last year and Gooden for 17 years prior.

Amazingly Gooden for this year as well. They can stop paying him next year though.

Right, but doesn't apply to the cap at least. His agent must wake up every morning with a huge smile on his face. Probably got a Bucks tatoo.

Archived