Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015 (part 1)

homer
couldn't figure out a better way to post this (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-shootaround-villain-ball/) There's a comparison in there between Kidd and MCW in their early careers, showing their numbers and per 36 min stats. I missed most of the game last night but I think they might have discussed it on TV too. take it for what you will but it's interesting.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really do understand the concept of building for the future, but there is no future without an arena. And the best thing the Bucks could do this season is win as many games as possible, and better yet make a surprise run in the playoffs.

All this winning still wasn't bringing people out. We're still 27th in the league in attendance. Still averaging less than 15K per game. Deviating from the plan to win one extra playoff series isn't a good idea.

It doesn't matter how much the Bucks win I have no plans to go to any games. I just hate going downtown. If I was given free tickets in the upper level I wouldn't take them. If I was given free tickets on the floor level I might go, but that's what it would take. The Bucks winning has led me to look at their box score each game though.

Thank you so much for posting this video, jjgott.

Really informative. For all those times you wonder to yourself, 'How do these guys do it, day in & day out?' in any professional sport... here's an example of someone clearly athletically gifted enough to play at the highest level, but not up to the psychological grind.

For the people who are going to say that it's convenient that he's facing this after his payday, it sounds pretty clearly that said payday (& how it changed the expectations from & relationships with people close to him) was a contributing factor to the stresses he ultimately felt he needed to cut out of his life. If your takeaway after watching the video is still to view him as some kind of prima donna or thief, I think you've missed the picture entirely.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My issue with Larry Sanders is who is the real Larry Sanders. From what I've heard recently if have a soft spot for him, but then I remember his Twitter rants from a year or so ago and wonder.

That's the whole point. He obviously doesn't know who he is, and he's trying to figure that out.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sanders checked himself into a hospital. Either he's really willing to go to great lengths to dupe the Bucks into giving him $19million or he's actually battling mental illness.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I really do understand the concept of building for the future, but there is no future without an arena. And the best thing the Bucks could do this season is win as many games as possible, and better yet make a surprise run in the playoffs.

All this winning still wasn't bringing people out. We're still 27th in the league in attendance. Still averaging less than 15K per game. Deviating from the plan to win one extra playoff series isn't a good idea.

It doesn't matter how much the Bucks win I have no plans to go to any games. I just hate going downtown. If I was given free tickets in the upper level I wouldn't take them. If I was given free tickets on the floor level I might go, but that's what it would take. The Bucks winning has led me to look at their box score each game though.

Really? What's the big deal about downtown Milwaukee?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Thoughts about trading Mayo's expiring contract along with the Clippers 2017 Protected 1st Rd pick for Nik Stauskas. This team needs more shooters who can help space the floor moving forward. His rookie contract pays him $2.8M next season with two team options for $3M and $3.8M. He would fit in well on the second team with Ennis, Dudley, Ilyasova and Henson/Plumlee.

-----

Continued here:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=32908

Archived