Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2014 - 2015 (part 1)

homer
  • Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this draft is clearly not as strong as last years and I am not sure if there is a parker in the draft.

Not as deep for sure, but Okafor and Towns are at the level of a Parker. Also interesting that Looney could be a top 5 pick.

But yea, they need to just keep playing hard and wherever they end up, they end up.

It will be interesting to see. Right now Okafor, Mudiay and Towns are a very good top 3. Add in guys like McCullough, Turner, Johnson, Harrell, Looney and Winslow I dont think this is a bad draft at all. That is a pretty solid top 9 and there are other guys who will make the lottery. I am not even sure they not as deep rap is going to be correct. Not sure those guys are really behind Nick Stauskus and Noah Vonleh

Silver lining of maybe now instead of probably making the playoffs and losing in round 1, we can fall back in the lottery and get another high pick and really have a shot next year...maybe? Though it really really sucks for Parkers development.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

My hope is they play Ersan more and he performs well enough to net the Bucks either a solid young player or draft pick while dropping them back into the top of the lottery. We have a decent amount of players to dangle at trade deadline in Henson, Ersan, Mayo, Zaza and Dudley. It all depends on what we can get in return. I'm hoping Parker comes back next season and picks up right where he left off while we add another lottery pick, shed some salary at the trade deadline so we can sign Wes Matthews next offseason.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
While I'd like another run at the lottery too, I'm not going root against this team. The Bucks have been truly fun to watch. I'm not going to wish that away.

Here's my thing. I think they already have enough talent to be a really good (50 - 55 win) team. They just need to learn how to play and develop and get some chemistry on the floor. I'd like it if Middleton and Henson and a few other guys got more minutes, but overall, I'm not unhappy with what we're seeing here. If they're good enough to win these games, I want them winning games. I think that's more important for the development of the guys that are on the team right now today, than getting one more lottery pick next year.

With their next win they will match their win total from all of last year. That is crazy to think about; the only roster move they made of significance was drafting Parker. Kidd has done an amazing job so far. Giannis has improved leaps and bounds. Even if this year does end up with a first round pounding it still should be considered a very successful year. It just sucks that Jabari got hurt.

With their next win they will match their win total from all of last year. That is crazy to think about; the only roster move they made of significance was drafting Parker. Kidd has done an amazing job so far. Giannis has improved leaps and bounds. Even if this year does end up with a first round pounding it still should be considered a very successful year. It just sucks that Jabari got hurt.

Depends what you mean by "of significance" They brought in 2 backup point guards in Bayless & Marshall, they also brought in Dudley (for Delfino and Miroslav).

As great a job as Kidd has done, Health has been the #1 contributor to more wins this year. Sanders is healthy and playing very well, Mayo isn't fat, Ersan can actually run up and down the court (when he doesn't have a broken nose).

I've had a blast watching the team so far, and love when they are whipping the ball around and not playing iso-offense.

I watched the Warriors for the 5th time this year last night, my gosh, are they fun to watch.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

if the bucks do plan on changing their logo after the season, i hope that this isn't a trend

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2305422-toronto-raptors-unveil-new-logo-hint-at-new-color-scheme?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

new raptors logo is identical to the nets. really not a fan of black and white.

While I'd like another run at the lottery too, I'm not going root against this team. The Bucks have been truly fun to watch. I'm not going to wish that away.

Agreed. Especially because tanking now wouldn't do any good. There's going to be a group of teams worse than them no matter what the Bucks do. I really don't care if they get the 9th pick or 14th pick in next year's draft.

This team plays hard, plays together, and plays defense. If you bring those three things every night, you'll win a lot of games in the NBA. They need to keep that culture and keep driving for a playoff spot. Then battle hard against the #1 or #2 seed. That's the path I want to see them on. Get used to winning, expect to win, and go into next year expecting more. Then you get Parker back, another couple of 1st rounders, and a better idea of what FA will fit.

Sounds corny, but I'm actually proud of this team. They use O'Bryant and Dudley at Center and still beat Sac on the road...that is amazing.

Sounds corny, but I'm actually proud of this team. They use O'Bryant and Dudley at Center and still beat Sac on the road...that is amazing.

Doesn't sound corny at all. I don't get to see many Bucks games but I look forward to each one. Jason Kidd (and the Lasrys) have breathed life into all of us and this franchise, and I'm finally after 15 years proud to be a Bucks fan. I was pretty young (and a semi Bulls fan) the last time the Bucks were relevant so this is a new experience.

I dont care who it is...winning IN Phoenix and Sacramento, and almost beating Portland without Parker is a huge accomplishment for us. Hopefully it continues.

I didn't mean for them to try to tank, just that losing Parker will likely cost them some additional games this season and drop them down some in the standings. I also like what I'm seeing out of this young team and think we are only a couple of players away from being a 55 win team. I believe our front court is pretty solid but our back court could use some additions especially if we don't extend Knight. This team could use a true PG (hopefully Marshall can become this player with some help for Kidd) and a sharp shooting SG (my choice would be Wesley Matthews).

Bayless, Dudley, and Middleton are all at 40% from behind the arc. I agree, they need another shooter but I could see Bayless serving that purpose. As he gets more PT his confidence is growing, and his stroke looks pretty good to me. Then again, I thought the same thing about Middleton last year, now I'm not sure if he can be that guy. But yea, I'll take Wesley Matthews.

As for PG, I have no idea what Knight will be worth in a trade today or on the open market at the end of the year. I wouldn't mind having Knight back, but not anywhere near a max contract. If the Bucks think that's what it will take, they may as well trade him now and get something out of it. I like Marshall, but I don't see him ever being a PG that can play a ton of minutes.

Archived