Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-04 Brewers (Lohse) at Reds (Simón), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Yikes. Move your damn feet. Don't play it off your hips.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't have the pitchers to win a World Series let alone just winning series against the Reds and Cardinals. Throw in the fact that we have only basically have 1/2 a lineup with basically no bench. Absolutely amazing we are in first place, by 5 games... But that can change in a hurry.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Meanwhile, the team that just beat us twice in Toronto got shutout for 12 innings in a 1-0 loss to Oakland.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Meanwhile, the team that just beat us twice in Toronto got shutout for 12 innings in a 1-0 loss to Oakland.

That hanger from Kintzler still angers me. The situation, the pitch selection, how bad a pitch it really was, etc.. awful.

We're going to fall to 2-6 against a Reds team that will be 37-39 against the rest of the Majors. Wonderful.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

That hanger from Kintzler still angers me. The situation, the pitch selection, how bad a pitch it really was, etc.. awful.

Well, at least you don't have to worry about seeing Kintzler blowing a lead tonight :) There is that.

Edit: Ooof, Segura's OPS is now .597.

Segura with a rocket into the hole.. we're on the scoreboard!! Oh boy, I can't wait to get close and see Kintzler give up some bombs.

(Sorry for the pessimism, folks)

It's ok, man. I'm trying to look for something positive myself, and I'm having a hard time doing so. I want to believe this team is as good as its record shows.

Then I look at our schedule, and see we've gone 19-4 against the Pirates and the Rockies.

Come on Brewers, wake up. Snap out of it, etc etc insert cliched rally cry here. Make me believe. Come back against a team that we should be beating at least half the time.

At least Lucroy is still hitting.

Archived