Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-04 Brewers (Lohse) at Reds (Simón), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 4 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (51-35) | Reds (43-41)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/lohse-13.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/reds/simon-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]9-2, 3.08 ERA, 1.08 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse on Friday delivered his 13th quality start but saw a victory slip away from the bullpen for the fifth time this season. He has allowed three or fewer earned runs in four straight starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]10-3, 2.81 ERA, 1.05 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Simon used only 80 pitches through seven innings and his sinker nabbed 15 ground-ball outs in another fine start vs. the Giants on Saturday. Simon had to be lifted for a pinch-hitter or he might have continued before the Reds won in extras.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett
  2. RF Ryan Braun
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. CF Carlos Gómez
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez
  6. 1B Lyle Overbay
  7. SS Jean Segura
  8. LF Logan Schafer
  9. RHP Kyle Lohse

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Billy Hamilton
  2. 3B Todd Frazier
  3. 1B Joey Votto
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips
  5. RF Jay Bruce
  6. C Devin Mesoraco
  7. LF Skip Schumaker
  8. SS Zack Cozart
  9. RHP Alfredo Simón

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Win the first game. Gives you the best chance to win the series. Let's go Lohse!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

There's just some guys I hate watching bat. Logan Schaffer is one of them.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I hated watching Herrera 'play' outfield more than I hate seeing Schaffer bat.. at least that's how I break it down. I pretty much have more hope for Lohse to get a hit than I would Schaffer. Sad.

I hated watching Herrera 'play' outfield more than I hate seeing Schaffer bat.. at least that's how I break it down. I pretty much have more hope for Lohse to get a hit than I would Schaffer. Sad.

Yep. You pretty much summed it all up. I wish we could find a utility man that could play good D and was somewhat of an offensive threat. We seem to lack that.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Bianchi being as bad offensively as he has been this year. It's just hard to find utility guys that only play sparingly who are good enough to still be effective offensive players. Sort of why I wish the Brewers would go after Zobrist as he's pretty versatile.

Boy would Zobrist do this team wonders. Would add the flexibility and bat this team needs.

Brewers getting guys on, next step is hitting them in.

Honestly why does Billy Hamilton keep hitting homeruns against us?

It's gonna suck to head to the allstar game either tied or behind I the division. Really hope i'm wrong but my big gut is telling me that we might be heading downhill.

Lyle looks disinterested most of the time. I hate, HATE, that when he rolls over on a ball he puts his head down and jogs out of the box. If he's lost the fire to play hard, retire and move on. Can't stand that BS. Put pressure on the D by running somewhat hard.

I still am bothered that the Brewers gave up on a powerful young homerun hitter in Juan Francisco who is doing just great up in Toronto so they could hang onto over-the-hill Lyle Overbay. By the way, why is Overbay smiling over at 1st base with the pitcher who just got a hit off of Kyle Lohse? He's not only a subpar player; he doesn't seem to have the fiery competitive juices anymore, either. You don't smile when your pitcher just gave up a hard-hit single to the other team's weak-hitting pitcher! :angry

This one feels over. Hard to win with your last four batters being Overbay, Segura, Schaffer, Pitcher. Talk about basically 4 outs in your lineup. It only works if Braun, Lucroy, Gomez, and Ramirez are lights out hot.

Lyle looks disinterested most of the time. I hate, HATE, that when he rolls over on a ball he puts his head down and jogs out of the box. If he's lost the fire to play hard, retire and move on. Can't stand that BS. Put pressure on the D by running somewhat hard.

Agreed!

Archived