Brewer Fanatic

Henderson: now pitching in Arizona

Same story......

He pitched 1.1 innings yesterday (7/6).

0 runs

0 hits

3 strike outs

Sounds great, but I'm not going to get too excited until I hear his velocity is up. Roenicke didn't sound to enthusiastic for that very reason after his first outing.

But it's a lot better than him not pitching obviously. Still hoping we get him and Thornburg back as we're going to need those arms with Smith.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Having a healthy Henderson is better than trade prospects for a "rent an arm".

getting both is even better, though

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Getting Henderson and Thornberg without a trade would be even better.

Getting Henderson, Thornburg AND trading for another arm would be even better!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

He was on the radio the other day, said he touched 95 on the gun, and is still building up to that velocity.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

He was on the radio the other day, said he touched 95 on the gun, and is still building up to that velocity.

And now I'm really encouraged about Henderson. If you just add the 2013 Henderson to this BP, it's among the best in the league. That's a lot to ask for of course.

• 3 weeks later...

did henderson start his minor league rehab on 3 july? if so, his rehab assignment (maxing out at 30 days) would mean eligible to return no later than 2 august or be optioned to the minor leagues by that date.

i know the brewers wanted him to get some work in yesterday, but the game was postponed due to rain. perhaps we'll see him pitch today?

as suggested elsewhere, the brewers could consider transferring tyler thornburg to the 60-day disabled list to make room for henderson's activation from the 60-day disabled list. whether he's brought back to milwaukee or optioned, he has to be added back to the 40-man.

If Henderson is really ready it wouldn't surprise me if Smith went on the DL with arm fatigue. However, it is odd that Henderson has pitched so rarely so not real optimistic that Henderson is coming back real soon.

If Henderson is really ready it wouldn't surprise me if Smith went on the DL with arm fatigue. However, it is odd that Henderson has pitched so rarely so not real optimistic that Henderson is coming back real soon.

They could ease him back by going with 13 pitchers for a couple weeks. I eventually think Estrada is going to get dealt most likely though in an August deal after clearing waivers. That would make room.

Apperently Henderson isn't ready yet so he's headed back to Maryville.

How do the rehab assignment rules work? Is this something he had to agree to otherwise they would have to expose him to waivers? Will this count as part of the same trip to the DL or will he start a new clock?

advocates for the devil

Right now Henderson is not on rehab. His rehab assignment expired, so he's just on the DL while assigned to rehab in Maryvale. I don't know why Lee16 thinks he's done for the season. Roenicke says he's throwing 94, so he's close. We haven't heard anything about Thorny, so we can't speculate. Sounds like nothing structural

Right now Henderson is not on rehab. His rehab assignment expired, so he's just on the DL while assigned to rehab in Maryvale. I don't know why Lee16 thinks he's done for the season. Roenicke says he's throwing 94, so he's close. We haven't heard anything about Thorny, so we can't speculate. Sounds like nothing structural

Probably because I read things like this from a Brewers' writer...

Probably because I read things like this from a Brewers' writer...

With Tyler Thornburg not pitching, not beyond realm of possibility that neither he nor Henderson will pitch again for #Brewers this year,

"Not beyond the realm of possibility neither will pitch again this year," from a writer doesn't exactly equate to both are done for the year.

Not encouraging obviously and probably while Melvin talked about his expectations that there will be late inning relievers available on the trade market, however also not exactly confirmation that both are "done for the season."

I'm more hopeful regarding Thornburg at this point given that it was more of a forearm issue as opposed to a shoulder issue like Henderson of UCL like about 90 other pitchers this year.

I'm sorry, but the Brewers didn't handle thornburg we'll at all during this whole thing. They completely wasted a roster spot for an entire month keeping a pitcher that they knew really needed to go on the DL on the 25 man roster for all of May and he barely pitched in that month or at all. They took FOREVER to bring up Jeffress. DM is always SLOW to make the bullpen calls from the minors. He's historically bad in this area.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Historically bad? Could you please provide some examples of GM's who are historically good in this area so I know what criteria you are using as a basis for comparison?

Every year since 2007 he's been slow to call up relievers. Look at the first 2 months of the season for relief pitchers, then look when they were replaced. Quite shocking.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Historically bad? Could you please provide some examples of GM's who are historically good in this area so I know what criteria you are using as a basis for comparison?

Every year since 2007 he's been slow to call up relievers. Look at the first 2 months of the season for relief pitchers, then look when they were replaced. Quite shocking.

If you make the claim you should provide the evidence and comps.

Archived