Brewer Fanatic

#LockinLuc all-star voting attack ad against Yadier Molina

sargennm

Besides both being fabulous all around catches, another thing which adds to how good both are is the number of games they catch when healthy.

Molina has averaged roughly 137 games over the last five years. Lucroy played in 147 games last year, with 12 being starts at 1st/DH. These guys are highly productive, even with the grind of starting so many games behind the plate.

Does anybody down there have a sense of humor? The Twitter account referenced above, along with Matheny's comments seem to indicate so. There are certainly some people involved with that organization that take themselves way too seriously.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Dave Schoenfield of ESPN loves the video, and chides Matheny:

Lighten up, Mike. I mean, I know you learned from the Master of Seriousness, Tony La Russa, but a little spirited amusement is OK. We get enough consternation over players flipping bats and admiring home runs, so we don't need yet another "issue" that makes baseball too much like the No Fun League.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/48691/nl-all-star-debate-vote-molina-or-lucroy

I just want to tell Matheny to take the stick out of his butt. Life is too short for people getting all uptight over every little thing.

Lucroy better get in on the player's ballot, because I'm not liking his chances with Matheny making the final call. Maybe that's how he's planning to "get even" after nixing the retaliatory ad from Fox Sports Midwest.

My favorite part of his quotes about the ad were how his players have "worked hard to get there" and have "earned it" while saying that accolades like that "aren't just handed out." Ummm, that's exactly how the starters in the ASG are determined. It's a popularity contest that sets up larger markets for success in the voting process.

Gruber Lawffices

Spent some time looking at MLB's CAPTCHA today, my code breaking days must be behind me. Couldn't figure it out to automate some votes.

Haha.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I know people from wisconsin are drunks, but I have to wonder if the cardinals fans are all constantly drunk on pabst or natty ice. You usually don't see that much anger or racism unless there is a lot of cheap alcohol involved.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I'm going to a game in St Louis with two good friends of mine who root for the Cardinals - we'll be at the August 1 game.

I showed the video to both of them, and they think it's hilarious.

St Louis has a great baseball tradition, which is well-earned, my guess is a lot of them, subconsciously, don't want to see change, because it is change. The whole "unwritten rules" ideology is on its way out, whether they like it or not, I suspect they see meaningless, but different, things like this video as some sort of threat. They're among the best, the old way, so they want to keep the old way.

It's not a threat. Relax, St Louis, you're still a great fanbase, with a great franchise, even if the game is going through some changes.

When "Saturday Night Live" was new, the establishment absolutely hated it...now they embrace it. St Louis, is absolutely part of the establishment in MLB...I'd bet they join in the fun somewhere down the road.

As a bonafide , Gateway Arch thumping St. Louisan I have something to say about this! I liked the ad. I particularly liked the way the narrator chick said and he plays for the St. Louis Cardinals, as if they were something vile. Also I was impressed by the production value of the piece.

I can assure you that any intelligent person in ANY city in the country got a kick out of it. Others won't.

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Puddy.jpg

I'm curious: who paid for the ad?

I see this thing is not going to blow over. The mayor of St. Louis has thrown gas on the flame. Benign, but still gassy. :)

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2014/06/mayor_slay_invites_milwaukees_mayor_to_cardinals_game_in_nicest_smack_talk_video_ever.php

I think it's official. The Brewers are replacing the Reds (who replaced the Cubs) as the Cards' biggest Central Div. rival. I love this stuff. It's fodder for the talking heads and may even wake up a couple of sleeping Cardinals.

Archived