Brewer Fanatic

Gorzelanny activated, Herrera recalled, Schafer and Falú optioned

markedman5

Andrew Gruman ‏@AndrewGruman 6m

#Brewers will activate Tom Gorzelanny from the DL tomorrow. Corresponding move will be announced after the game, according to RR.

Fiers probably goes I would think unless they have decided to give up on Wang which I doubt.

Andrew Gruman ‏@AndrewGruman 6m

#Brewers will activate Tom Gorzelanny from the DL tomorrow. Corresponding move will be announced after the game, according to RR.

Fiers probably goes I would think unless they have decided to give up on Wang which I doubt.

Send Kintzler back down or to the DL. He's been horrific, hard to think he's healthy.

Gorzellany will be activated tomorrow

something i learned years after i'd finished school . . . words of more than one syllable with double consonants at the syllable break have the syllable break between the two consonants. i'm not certain if there are any exceptions to this rule.

thus, with your spelling of his four-syllable name, you should hear the 'l' sound at the end of the second syllable, and the 'l' sound at the beginning of the third syllable.

but you don't hear both 'l' sounds when pronouncing his name correctly. you hear the 'n' sound at the end of the third syllable, and the 'n' sound at the beginning of the fourth syllable--making it double-n and thus, 'gorzelanny'.

this tip has really helped me spell words and names correctly.

Gorzellany will be activated tomorrow

something i learned years after i'd finished school . . . words of more than one syllable with double consonants at the syllable break have the syllable break between the two consonants. i'm not certain if there are any exceptions to this rule.

thus, with your spelling of his four-syllable name, you should hear the 'l' sound at the end of the second syllable, and the 'l' sound at the beginning of the third syllable.

but you don't hear both 'l' sounds when pronouncing his name correctly. you hear the 'n' sound at the end of the third syllable, and the 'n' sound at the beginning of the fourth syllable--making it double-n and thus, 'gorzelanny'.

this tip has really helped me spell words and names correctly.

Love it! Even after the correct spelling is pasted into the body, the title still gets submitted that way. Thanks for the drawn out grammar lesson, that made it worth all the while.

Come September, that is going to be one crowded bullpen. The guys will surely be able to be fresh for the post season. And one could almost guess at a six man rotation as well.

With so many lefties I wonder if Smith moves into the rotation at some point. I could see a Smith and Estrada swap. Mind you, do you play with fire? Smith has won games just with his back end ability.

Verified Member
Get rid of Wang

Getting rid of Wang this late in the season would be silly. At this point they just have to stash him for a few more weeks before rosters expand.

I still wish Wang had sold it a little better when he got hit with the line drive last week. Best chance we've had to get him on the DL and of course he comes out of the incident smelling like roses.

Smith may very well start for the Brewers at this point, but if it's this year, I think that's a huge mistake.

1 - we have several other starting options at this time

2 - he has an ERA under 1.00 and is just dominating lefties. He's been our strongest bullpen arm by far this season. Why mess with that?

Having 4 lefties is just going to be very bizarre though (well really 3 since Wang will never get into a game).

Didn't see this coming.......a 4 man bench.....1 only plays catcher....1 only plays first and 1 only plays 2nd.... with Herrera as the 4th outfielder and utility guy. Reynolds does give them some flexibility I guess.

Tom @Haudricourt · 8m

#Brewers make flurry of moves after game. Logan Schafer and Irving Falu optioned to Nashville. Elian Herrera recalled. Gorzelanny off DL.

Didn't see this coming.......a 4 man bench.....1 only plays catcher....1 only plays first and 1 only plays 2nd.... with Herrera as the 4th outfielder and utility guy. Reynolds does give them some flexibility I guess.

Tom @Haudricourt · 8m

#Brewers make flurry of moves after game. Logan Schafer and Irving Falu optioned to Nashville. Elian Herrera recalled. Gorzelanny off DL.

Schafer needs at-bats. Herrera? I am so excited to watch him play the outfield again.

It feels like a short term move, whether they are expecting another DL move or possibly sending Fiers back down to keep him stretched out I just think they are deliberately planning on moving off this configuration relatively quickly.

Well so much for Braun getting a day off then lol.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It feels like a short term move, whether they are expecting another DL move or possibly sending Fiers back down to keep him stretched out I just think they are deliberately planning on moving off this configuration relatively quickly.

I would expect both Bianchi and Schafer to return at some point, likely when Estrada gets traded..or DFA'd. Fiers is holding Nelson's spot till they are ready to make that move.

Tom @Haudricourt · 8m

Schafer needs at-bats. Herrera? I am so excited to watch him play the outfield again.

Me too! :)

viewtopic.php?p=890212#p890212

Archived