Brewer Fanatic

Extra vintage bobbleboy from 6-15 giveaway

Lilrebel724

Ahahaha. Are you going to buy me a ticket and drive me to the game?

Sure, I'll pay for your beer, food, and anything you want in the team store as well... In fact, bring a few friends, let's make it a party!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I remember when there actually was lots of discussion on this board. This is just a sad indication of how stale its become.

I get it younger guys who once collected have likely liquidated the toys and start becoming adults / raising families.

Yeah I agree. I've grown up with these, still collect, but the boards have become a place for bragging, muse, and to see what everyone has for "sale or trade" even though I feel very few transactions actually occur over the boards anymore. The days of helping fellow collectors is gone as the urge for profit in this over saturated market have driven this away. It truly is sad...

I think fewer and fewer people collect bobbles, I think it is that simple...

There are too many given out, which has driven some folks away from the hobby. Just too many to keep track of and collect. Along with the volume, there is always the issue of display space. If the Brewers give out 8-10 different bobbles per year, the display space disappears pretty quickly. If you also collect the minor league bobbles, you can be adding 25-30 new bobbles per season. That is just insane... I know of a few guys who used to be into it, but have dropped out because of the numbers there are to collect...

I'm not sure where you get the "bragging" issue, and seeing what others have for trade or sale is what the trading post is all about........imo.

I have made several transactions on this very board this season already. I think as long as there are those willing to trade, transactions will occur. I do think fewer people post here than years ago though. I think a lot of people still read this forum, but not as many participate as far as posting. The discussion surely has dried up, not sure what the answer is to that, other than I truly believe there are fewer hardcore collectors out there.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yeah I guess I agree, it's become too much to collect. I guess I don't have an appreciation of a lack of room for my collection as it's all boxed up in storage.

I just find it frustrating that now in order for me to buy or trade for upcoming bobbles I'm mostly left with "let me see what they're worth" or with one-sided offers when years ago I could simply buy a ticket, give a couple extra bucks, and pay for shipping to get bobbles from outside my home turf. I've stopped shipping retails and SGAs (I'm the guy who used to fill collections on the other board, like the Bernie SNP, years ago for $5 over cost. The favor was rarely returned and nowadays unheard of...)

IMO if you want profit go to eBay or Craigslist. That mentality, unfortunately, has spilled over to these boards.

BTW this is a general comment, and by no means meant for this particular thread or posters. It's off subject I guess.

Not a problem getting off topic. I'm one of the guys who has given up getting them all. The vintage one is the only one from this year that I want. I'm sure I can wait and get one cheap on eBay seeing as it is an all fan giveaway. I'm just nervous about shipping from a random person. It looks like a TEI and those arent easy to ship in one piece if you don't know what you're doing.

Madgrad. I think I'm in a position like you where I'd seek the SGA of whats coming up this season. My simple strategy was to load up on 2013 for forward considerations and then finding someone who may have extras of 2014 who wants to trade backwards. Sadly, I think this strategy was faulty (for a few reasons obvious now that I didnt realize before). However I think most have learned that if you wait a few months the current season SGA are easy pickens at various events down the road, offseason / next season. Nice ones can be had for $5. This led me to pass on buying the Sunday Plus pkg for 2014. Even with the knowledge of the Segura exclusive would make the purchase worthwhile.

(actually now looking at money on tix spent so far in 2014, I shouldve renewed oh well)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived