Brewer Fanatic

Thornburg - From 15-to-60 day DL

Thornburg- Is he alright?

No he isn't alright....

Adam McCalvy ‏@AdamMcCalvy 1m

#Brewers' Thornburg has an injury (RR declined to disclose) that will probably require a roster move. Details expected tonight or tomorrow.

Took them way to long to disclose that. We all knew something was up with him.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Fiers' K rate suggest he could be some help in the pen and he can be sent down at any point to make room for either Gorzelanny or Henderson, though I'm surprised to read the reports on Gorzelanny weren't encouraging.

Eventually this could open up for the move of Estrada to the pen and Nelson to the rotation.

Sometime in late April or early May, Thornburg started struggling with his command. He was so dominant early, this was indeed an ominous sign. Brewers certainly aren't immune.

Hope we don't mess with Fiers head at all by throwing him into the pen.

I guess for a team that doesn't understand that backup shortstops don't make good starting 1B, the thought that bullpen roles should be filled with their best performing starting pitchers seems like a good plan.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• 1 month later...
one has to wonder if thornburg will be transferred to the 60-day disabled list to open up a spot for jim henderson, who is set to return soon (assuming the brewers don't option him at the end of his minor league rehab assignment).

thornburg has been on the disabled list for nearly 60 days now, and hasn't started a minor league rehab assignment, so transferring him to the 60-day disabled list to make room for gerardo parra isn't that big of a deal.

I would guess we are going to find out that Thornburg will need TJ surgery. I don't recall a single Brewer pitcher who has successfully rehabbed and avoided surgery, basically all that happens is recovery is set back to 2-3 months impacting the following season as well.

With injuries no news = bad news. Tyler hasn't pitched at any level since 6/6 when he blew up in a disastrous outing and there hasn't been a peep about his rehab/recovery. I would love for the Brewers to prove me wrong but I'm not holding out much hope.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived