Brewer Fanatic

Today in Baseball History

6/30/1990

Today is the 25 year anniversary of the epic Brewers vs Mariners brawl after Bob Sebra plunked Tracy Jones of the Mariners. "Go to a baseball game and WWF breaks out." I'll never forget it, and I've dreaded West coast road trips ever since.

Enjoy sheffield's flat top.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At about 2:30:

"May take a computer or an abacus to figure out the fines going into this one"

Oh, 1990 computer reference!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 1 month later...

8/28/92

Milwaukee snaps a 5 game skid as the bats come alive for 22 runs on 31 hits vs Toronto at the Sky Dome. I'll always remember this as one of life's great days. I was a teenager, fishing with Dad in Vilas County, sunny day, the fish were biting, out in a boat listening to the game on the Panasonic radio. The offensive outburst gave us a glimmer of hope that we could catch the Blue Jays. For me, '92 will always be a very special, fun season. Running like Deere under Phil Garner, Yount's 3000th hit, the emergence of Eldred, a very solid rotation, and a hope at winning the division. Milwaukee did their part, winning 25 of the last 35 from this day on, but Toronto just would not let up. If only there had been a wild card at that time. This was the day the Brewers turned it on and got lots of us to want to believe.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TOR/TOR199208280.shtml

Archived